Monitronics Security Systems / Updated alarm system charges!
Monitronics is ripping off their customers stating the FCC has made changes from analogue to digital and they have to come out to your house to change your security system. They give you three options to choose from. A letter states those three options as follows:
1: "Monitronics will install a new $350 digital transmitter for FREE in your existing security system. All that is required of you is a $30 trip charge and a $69 re-activation fee.
2: Monitronics will install a new $350 digital transmitter for FREE in your existing security system. You only pay a $30 trip charge, a $19 re-activation fee and agree to a 6 month extension on your Monitoring Agreement.
3: Monitronics will install a new $350 digital transmitter for FREE in your existing security system. All you pay is a $30 trip charge and agree to an 18-month extension to your Monitoring Agreement."
None are of these options are acceptable to me. I don't want their service any longer but under my contract I have until 8-2008 to finish the contract. I am told that my system will not work after Feb 18, 2008. However, I have to pay one way or the other for them to come out and change from analogue to digital even though I do not want their service, but they are going to continue to bill me for the alarm system even through it does not work. I DON'T BELIEVE THAT IS LEGAL--I have to pay even through the system does not work. I should have an option to discontinue the service especially when it is not going to work. I already paid once for this service, I do not intend to pay twice. Please advise smb!
More Monitronics Security Systems Complaints & Reviews
- Monitronics Security - Stay away from Monitronics at all costs! 
- Monitronics - Failure to stop billing 
- Monitronics - fraud 
- Monitronics - Stay FAR away from Monitronics 
- Monitronics - Will Not Cancel Service 
- Moni Smart Security / Monitronics International - security system - being charged during hurricane maria and will not cancel as we were displaced to the usa
- Monitronics - I am complaining about the unit. I can only unlock the door with the key, and it is not registering on my phone.
- Monitronics - security. refund. or 2 years free.
- Monitronics - I called in oct. and requested to have my account disconnected! new withdraw in dec.!!
- Monitronics - home security