Monitronics / Poor customer service!

I have tried calling Monitronics 5 times to check/change my password, every time they are unable to help me. So Finally, I had a false alarm tonight. My alarm went off for no reason. and even when they called me asking for my password they didn't know what triggered it. I gave them my password, everything seemed fine. Well, i get a call an hour and half later and the person said the police were on their way and that there was nothing they could about it "they were sending the police for my safety" Apparently there was a misunderstanding about my password and I had no password on record. I starting going balastic at the guy on the phone saying I had tried to verify my password on the phone 5 times! Their customer service is the worst I have ever encountered.

Comments

• Fe
      10th of Sep, 2010

As a former employee of Monitronics, I can tell you that if you DO NOT know your password, you cannot change it by calling in. The password needs to be mailed to you in order for you to obtain it and then change it.(It isnt their fault you forgot it, really and they certainly do not want to just give your password out to anyone calling in). Second, if you had the wrong password, they wouldnt tell you you had it wrong. Of course they would send out police to make sure all is ok. And third, you getting a call an hour later, well thats normal. Depending on the signal received, we would wait for the police to arrive and make sure everything at the residence is secure (depending on the police dept, it could take 5 minutes or 5 hours, depending on police resources). So, it isnt necessarily BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. This is for your protection. Bad comes to worse, ask for a supervisor, and deal is done.