Monitronics / Cancelled service and still billed

United States Review updated:
In February of 2005 my house was sold with the security system. When cancelling with monitronics they said the only way to not pay is if the new owners took over our security system with monitronics. Which the new owners agreed. Then one and a half years later we go to purchase a new home and on our credit report we owe monitronics $300.00.??? From what??? When we called and argued, we were told that we never cancelled in enough time and no where in there records did it show I called. Hummm weird then how would I have known there policies? Well it's 06/2007 and I'm paying 300.00 to get this off my credit report. So who won here??? They need to get there policies straight and maybe monitor who takes calls in there office. how can they monitor homes safe and secure?

A  16th of Apr, 2008 by
I'm still dealing with an issue of being overbilled my Monitronics. From day one they were a customer service nightmare! At the end of my contract I sent a letter asking them to discontinue the service. They continued to send me bills for the next three months. They finally stopped billing but claim that I never requested to cancel and are still trying to collect $300...
A  18th of Mar, 2009 by
The ### are doing the same thing to me. I canceled in July of 2008. They have it in there records that I wanted to cancel. I mailed out the letter. Moved out and today March 2009 they are still charging me. After getting off the phone they will give me a 100 dollar credit. Why should I pay, for something I don't owe!!!
I even agreed to start a new contract if they would wipe that dept. I will never do business with them again. I advise other people do the same!!!

Moni Smart Security / Monitronics International Logo Moni Smart Security / Monitronics International
1990 Wittington Pl.