Money Network / personal loan

Algonquin, IL, United States Review updated:

I received a called today, July 11, 2016, from a gentleman named Derrick Foster at extension 106 telling me that I was approved for $1000 with Money Network and that my monthly payments would be $120/month for the next ten months. He assured me over and over again that this was not fraudulent but told me that I had to prove that I had $120 in my account before the funds could be released. I was instructed to get a government verification card from Walgreens and load the $120 on the card. I gave him the verification code to release the $1000 plus the $120 into my account. He then transferred me to another department to get my bank account information to transfer the funds. That person's name was Richard in the Accounting Department, and he told me to allow about 20 minutes to receive the funds and to check my account. After about 30 minutes, I received another phone call from Derrick telling that they released the funds from their Bank of America account but that there was an error during the transfer due to the fact that my credit score was not high enough. However, he had initially stated that my loan was completely approved. Next, he stated that in order for me to get the money, I needed to send another $276 to bring my credit score up. At that point, I asked Derrick to just refund my $120. During this particular conversation, Derrick became very rude and unprofessional, so I asked to speak to the manager. While I was speaking to the manager, Karen Douglas, she also became very rude and disrespectful and hung up on me. During that conversation, she stated that the only way I can cancel the application is to go to New York to the Financial Crime Enforcement Agency along with my attorney. The manager and Derrick both stated that if I did not proceed with paying the $276 that they would begin debiting my account for $120 each month although I never received the money into my account. She also stated that if I close my account, that legal action would be taken against me.

At this point, I do not even believe that their names are real, and I feel so crazy for even allowing myself to become a victim of fraud. All I want is my $120 back in my account.

The number they called me from is [protected], and Derrick stated that their website is MoneyToday.com

Ma
Jul 11, 2016

Comments

Sep 23, 2016

I had the same experience with Derrick Foster for a loan for $5, 000. Every time the money was to go through he would say I need to I had the same experience with Derrick Foster. I was approved for a $5000 loan. Every day he would contact m for money to pay for taxes or insurance on the loan. It was always $275 to $500. Then I would receive all the funds. He always wanted to be paid in ITUNES Cards. Th company he was from on his email was Easy Cash Loans. i got a call this morning from another man stating I have no paid enough and they need another $275 so they can release the money. I asked to speak with Derrick and was told he wasn't in the office today because of family trouble.