Mitsubishi Electronics / do not honor promised warranty!
At Christmas of 2005 I bought a 52” DLP Mitsubishi television at Best Buy. I did not take out a Best Buy warranty, but was told that the TV came with a 1 year IN HOME warranty provided by Mitsubishi. When my TV needed service while in warranty (just before Christmas 2006) I called Mitsubishi for service. They told me that they did not currently have anyone to service my area and that I would have to take it in for service. I asked them about the in home part of the warranty and they said, “Well, that is something we try to do, but if you live away from a city sometimes we can’t.” I said, “But that is not what I was told when I bought the television.” “I know, but that is the reality of it. We can’t help you. If I were you I just wouldn’t buy any more of our products.”
Well, that is all fine, and I assure you that I will follow that advice, but that did not do anything for the repair that I needed on the TV I bought under the pretense of it having an in home warranty. I had to take off a day of work and drive eighty miles to their nearest service center, and 80 miles home. Then when it was ready, I had to make that same 160 mile trip. Pretty poor for a company that said they would service it in my home. I filed a complaint with the BBB but they basically said too bad, so sad.
More Mitsubishi Electronics Complaints & Reviews
- Mitsubishi / WD-Y65 Projection TV - $249.00 lamp went out in 13 months! 
- Mitsubishi WD-52631 TV - bad product, worse service! 
- Red Deer Mitsubishi - falsifing work orders then not performing the work 
- Mitsubishi WD-73927 DLP Projection TV - terrible after sales service! 
- Mitsubishi - useless service center 
- Mitsubishi Motors Corporation - harassment of collections agents
- Mitsubishi Motors Corporation - service
- Mitsubishi Motors Corporation - rip off
- [Resolved] Mitsubishi Motors Corporation - lied to by a mitsubishi manager and I want my reimbursement
- Mitsubishi Motors Corporation - navigation