Midland Credit Management / Claims they do not have to validate
I checked my credit reports and seen MCM and Original Creditor SBC-AMeritech $156.72 from Nov 2002. I sent them a "validation letter" as I don't think I even had a phone at that time so this can't be mine.I also disputed with Credit Bureaus. All this done in April 2008. MCM sent me a letter asking me for any documentation that I may have and that they have written "Disputed" on my credit report. May 2008 MCM sends me a bill with options on how to pay. Still no Original bill or validation that this is even MY debt. The Credit Bureaus claim that they have "verified" this debt. How they did this I have NO idea? I have asked for "reinvestigation" and Trans Union took 1 day .not even it was Overnight... . and said it was "verified".
I even tried to call SBC-Ameritech awhich is now ATT and they couldn't help me as they have no information about this so called debt as it is too old.
Yesterday August 19, MCM called me and was very rude and told me that they were the "original creditors" that they don't have to validate as they own this debt and that they are going to pursue this further. I know that the SOL has expired so they cant sue me as it is 6 years in Michigan. I am so frustrated with these people. My wife and I are trying to buy a house and this is one of the things that need to be taken care of before we can. I just don't want to have to pay for something that I believe isn't mine.
All I want is an "original bill" stating that I owe this.. not some bill from MCM.
More Midland Credit Management Complaints & Reviews
- Midland funding, LLC - Rip off 
- Midland funding, LLC - what is this 
- Midland Credit Management - Scam! Watch out! 
- Midland Credit Management - Beware! 
- Midland Credit Management - Total scam 
- Midland Credit Management [MCM] - called me threatening me to send officer to my house and work. a $1200 debt they said it would be over $ 3000
- Midland Credit Management (MCM) - They claimed I owe almost $400 more than I owe.
- Midland Funding - Unethical behavior
- Midland Funding - Poor Service
- Midland Funding / Citibank - Lien release not processed to courts