Midland Credit Management / Scam and cheating

United States Review updated:

It took me over 2 years to have this removed from my credit which I was finally able to do after I sent a letter to TransUnion. Midland continues to send me notices so when i called the other day and had some rude woman tell me that I still owed it I decided to write another letter to MCM, TransUnion, Equifax and the BBB. If you fight them you will win!!
Va

Comments

Ge
  6th of May, 2009
These people are horrible, rude, and lie. I had a credit card from Providian now Chase that was from 2000 and they purchased the balance after I settled in 2003.The card had a $500 limit and they now want $4, 893.60 from me. Not only have they re aged this account illegally they have failed to give me proof after I mailed a request for them to Validate the debt.They are still reporting this as a new delinquent account. The sad thing is I am trying to buy my first house and this is the only thing holding me back. What good does all of the President's plans to recover the economy by helping first time buyer if there are companies like Midland Credit Management that are preventing this with their dishonest business practices.
De
  23rd of Jul, 2010
My mother has been sent repeatedly, statements saying she owes over $700 for something that she has never owed!! She is 80 years old with alzheimers and has not had anything credit wise in her name in over 30 years and now this keeps coming in. This company is a theif trying to prey on people that get scared & try to pay it because of threats they cannot follow through on but people like my mom & dad get harrassed into worrying about something that doesn't exist!! Please keep a close check on your credit report with at least getting the free one once a year and make sure there is nothing on there. If you can, keep a check on your parents credit too so you can help them keep from this kind of treatment & stop it quick!! It really can make a difference.

Midland Credit Management (MCM) Logo Midland Credit Management (MCM)
Overall Satisfaction Rating