Microsoft - Windows Vista / windows vista has been a waste of my time and money

On two computers I've installed recently Printing from the internet is not possible because of the size of the print and distortion of the page. This happened on both computers at the same time. I am assuming it was from an upgrade from Microsoft. Microsoft is not supporting many vendors printers and provides no tech support other than 90 purchased support. That would be like FORD charging for a recall. Going back to XP is not an option I am considering strongly going to Linux or Mac. Vista has been a waste of my time and money.

Va

Comments

• Oo
      10th of Nov, 2008

Vista is worse than a waste of time and money. It's a burden. I depend on MS Office for a living, sadly, and I do not appreciate the slowness of Vista, the difficulty of moving open windows around quickly (why the hell is this harder now?) and absurd design mistakes. For example, with XP, you could copy/replace a folder from a memory stick onto desktop in a single command, Yes to all. Vista makes you tick off every item in the folder. If it contains 100 items, that's 100 clicks. It's hard to believe such a cretinous mistake could be deliberately built into this monster. Vista offers me nothing new but fancy graphic features, and these soon turn out to be less clear and harder to live with than XP's simple monochrome lines. As far as I am concerned, Vista is a design disaster and a productivity killer. I have gone back to my XP box.

• Al
      19th of Nov, 2008

I fear that microsoft with their Vista OS have done the hardware PC community a great disservice.
    I was excited to receive my new compac computer (the fastest processor etc, etc to date - loaded with windows vista basic software - with that came the slowest, most laborious, frustrating experience of my computing life (20yrs = 5PC's). All my peripheral hardware - such as printers., digital cameras etc were not compatible - doing degree course work at the time made me set up my old PC with windows XP -re-installing drivers and files under a deadline made me close to a nervous collaspse!
    My internet service was also incompatible and I gave them hell for not recogising that the lapse was due to their not being ready for vista and all the problems that ensued!
    It was a very stressful time and if it was not for being able to access files at work and for my husbands Macbook I would have failed my course!
    Consequently I have downloaded the regular updates that MS dish out daily to make this dire OS remotely compatible for basic use - and still encounter problems -such as screen freeze that results in shutdown and loss of data . I have also spent money on programs to "debug " the system and download "incompatilble" software ie: anything apple related!
    In short - my iMac is ordered - the guys at MS developing Vista could not have done a better PR job of promoting the Apple 10.5 OS if they tried!
    Sincerly
    Alison

• Ge
      16th of Oct, 2009

Maybe Microsoft has shares in Apple Corp? Which might explain the otherwise mysterious logic of spending five years to develop an OS which crashes if left alone for ten minutes.

• Se
      23rd of Oct, 2009

I liked win98...forced to upgrade to XP and I like it. Tried vista on a new puter
    and was DOA. Just a junk OS. Now windows 7 looks like a repackaged vista platform
    too me. Still junk! I'm stickin too XP!