Microsoft Corporation / relibility of award winning program

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I've receive this email last 2 weeks ago and i'm not sure the reliability of this email. So, I attached this email below for your validation wether its true or not. It would be so nice if microsoft do something about this annoyin stuff, wouln´t it?. Tq.

_
From: "microsoft windows xp"
To: undisclosed-recipients
England united kingdom
File ref: hl/5564/06/07/mics
Batch: mc11/834/5pdh /eu

Dear winner,
It is obvious that this notification will come to you as a surprise but please find time to read it carefully as we congratulate you over your success in the following official publication of results of the e-mail electronic online sweepstakes organized by microsoft, in conjunction with the foundation for the promotion of software products, (F. P. S.) held this june 2008 in london uk.

Where in your email address emerged as one of the online winning emails in the 1st category and therefore attracted a cash award of 500.000.00 (Five hundred thousand pounds sterling) our winners are arranged into four categories with different winning prizes accordingly in each category. They are arranged in this format below:

These are your identification numbers:mcs-26799/097

Category no. Of winners winning prizes
1st. 2 :500, 000.00 pounds each
2nd. 8 :350.000.00 pounds each
3rd. 13 :250, 000.00 pounds each
4th. 27 :70, 000.00 pounds each

We write to officially notify you of this award and to advise you to contact the processing office immediately upon receipt of this message for more information concerning the verification, processing and eventual payment of the above prize to you. It is important to note that your award information was released with the following particulars attached to it.

(1) award numbers: nl 56/7766

7. Age:
8. Nationality:
9. Present country:
10. Next of kin name/address:

Mode of price remittance.

(1) cash pick-up (You coming down to uk personally to pick your price).

(2) courier delivery of your certified winning cheque name and other winning documents safely to you.

To file for your claim, please contact your validating officer for validation of your winning within twenty-nine working days of this winning notification. Winnings that are not validated within twenty-nine working days of winning notification are termed void and invalid. You are required to mention the above particulars of your award in every correspondence to enable the agent validate your winning.

Contact:
Foreign transfer manager
Mr. Garry moore
Microsoft security department (Uk).
E-mail:garry. Moore96@yahoo.co. Uk

The microsoft internet e-mail awards is sponsored by our ceo/chairman, bill gates and a consortium of software promotion companies. The intel group, toshiba, dell computers and other international companies. The microsoft internet e-mail draw is held periodically and is organized to encourage the use of the internet and promote computer literacy worldwide.

Once again on behalf of all our staff,

Congratulations!

Sincerely,
Mr. Steve clerk.
M. S. Pro. Zonal coordinator.

Ai

Comments

• Ew
      9th of Jul, 2008

Hi I'm got this letter too . It's the same letter. It's true or not?

• Mi
      15th of Jul, 2008

Yo quiero saber si esto es verdad o mentira gracias, yo la verdad no creo que asi de facil se consiga dinero quiero una explicacion

Gracias.

• El
      16th of Jul, 2008

I'm also one of those who got the message. it would have been nice with all this money but it doesn't feel like this is something you should trust.

• Na
      25th of Jul, 2008

tambem recebi este mail gostaria de saber é verdade ou não?
    alguem pode responder?

• Mo
      5th of Aug, 2008

I received such e-mails from Nokia and Microsoft. I don't believe them. Please, read this page:

• Pr
      5th of Aug, 2008

Even, I got this mail in the morning, when I tried calling up on the given number, some one disconnect the phone

• El
      18th of Aug, 2008

I got the same e-mail, the same text, the same numbers, there is only one difference
    CONTACT:
    FOREIGN TRANSFER MANAGER
    DR. SMITH
    MICROSOFT SECURITY DEPARTAMENT (UK.)
    E-mail: dr-smith@live.co.uk

Elisabeth POLAND (UE)

• Ar
      21st of Aug, 2008

I've got it too. Just some differences in the numbers. So it is also in Norway

• Th
      21st of Aug, 2008

This is a scam that has been going on for over three years. IT IS NOT REAL!
    There have been various subtle changes with each new scam, but believe
    me they are all fraudulent. I know this after I received a similar email about
    a year and a half ago. So did thousands of other people. Rather than get caught up in it, I investigated.Long story short, the news media and law enforcement got involved and it boiled down to Microsoft had nothing whatsoever to do with the emails and in fact knew nothing about them until
    they began receiving hundreds of calls from hopeful participants. So once again, IT IS A FRAUD! TSHFCE, Sacramento, CA U.S.A.

• Sr
      30th of Aug, 2008

Is microsoft conducting any lottery to fight against poverty?

• De
      23rd of Sep, 2008

I received the same mail in Belgium with the same numbers and I think it is a fraud.
    Let me know if you agreed with me.

29th of Sep, 2008

I also received such e-mails and unfortunately sent out my personal data. At this point I pray it is not a scam.

29th of Sep, 2008

I also received such emails and unfortunately sent out my personal data. At this point I pray it is not a scam.

• Na
      20th of Oct, 2008

Got this letter and asked them to send me all there info to get a lawyer and private detective to investigate..lol

THE NOKIA COMMUNICATION COMPANY
    PLOT 4, BLOCK 24B
    ALLI CREASENT ABUJA.

Congratulation You Have Been Selected in the on-going NOKIA COMMUNICATION COMPANY award 2008.
    you have been awarded for a lump sum of $1, 300, 000.00 USD. (One Million
    three thousand United States Dollars)
    Note that this promotion is mainly aimed at alleviating poverty,
    it is also
    aimed at encouraging internet Users worldwide. This email is randomly sent
    to five
    people worldwide. If you did receive this email, it means you are one of
    the five(5) lucky winners.
    Your email address was attached to grant number(N231, E101) with S/N-12678

CONTACT NOKIA AWARD PROCESSING OFFICER:
    Mr. HECTOR JUDE McCloer
    EMAIL: nokia.verificationdepartment@gmail.com
    Phone: +2348034481687
    You are also advised to provide him with the under listed information as soon
    as possible:
    MOBILE:
    SEX (M/F):
    ANNUAL INCOME:
    REMARKS ABOUT NOKIA PRODUCTS:

We are glad to have you as one of our luckly winners.

Yours Sincerely,
    Mr. Jassica Stephen.
    Online Co-ordinator...

Co-sponsors of this online promotion are listed herein: Shell Oil Company,
    Pepsi Corporation, and the Federal Government of Nigeria.
    Delete Reply Forward Spam

• Ai
      25th of Oct, 2008

I've just recived similar e-mail but from : MICROSOFT WINDOWS CORPORATION [Awardwinning@microsoft.co.uk]

*******************************************************************
    FOREIGN TRANSFER MANAGER MICROSOFT SECURITY DEPARTMENT (UK). M.S.PRO.
    ZONAL COORDINATOR Name: Sir Adams Farwell
    E-mail: microxpclaimsdept@hotmail.com Tel : +447045774100 ********************************************************************

Everyone shoud be aware of this fraud. Don't send you private data!

Adam Poland (PL)

29th of Oct, 2008

I received this email from Microsoft Corporation Awards . To:<"undisclosed-receipents"@maillscan.kmitl.ac.th> sent:Thusday, Agust 28as my to contact, 2008 11:02 PM. SUBJECT :msn winning notification !!! CONTACT:FORREIGN TRANSFET MANAGER DR :GARBRIEL DANIELS. MICROSOFT SECURITY DEAfter PATMENT (U K)- EMAIL:DR.GABRIELDANIE1@LIVE.COM I hebeen send the e-mail and fax but no reply and any coformation to provide me. best regards lichibuu

• Ji
      9th of Nov, 2008

Hi there... I got the email from NOKIA COMMUNICATION COMPANY as well
    Oh how nice it would have been... recieved mine on 7/11/08
    I havnt sent any details... but asked if they could verify it all... it will be interesting if i get a reply...
    JK

18th of Feb, 2009

Hi everybody! I'm from Ukraine and I've got the same letter from "microsoft", I am sure this is SCAM!!!