Micro Center / this is a scam by microcenter or its refurbishing center

Microcenter in Patterson NJ is passing off non OEM 3rd party equipment as part of their "factory refurbished DS" product. I purchased the Nintendo DS for $79.99 and it was supposed to come with a wall charger from Nintendo. When I got home and plugged it into the wall it fell apart because the screws holding the recharger together were missing (had been removed and were not in the packaging)- It was only held together by friction. Careful inspection of the charger revealed it was made by "Nintondo" not Nintendo. I returned to the store (waiting in lines for 1 hour) for an exchange. The replacement was also from "Nintondo" and at that point I figured, "fine" it is refurbished as long as it works maybe I will be ok with a knockoff charger ... but when I finally returned home, the replacement does not recharge the DS at all. Benefit of the doubt has now expired - This is a scam by Microcenter or its refurbishing center. I loathe the idea of returning to the store for the 3rd time (they are far too busy - to be honest and find me a working product).

Ka

Comments

• Bu
      3rd of May, 2011

Obviously you don't know how retail stores operate, so I'll enlighten you. Companies like best buy, microcenter and circuit city DO NOT refurbish computers, tv's or DS's themselves. They buy those products from refurbishing companies. Why? If the buy them then they don't need to employ the staff and the warehouses to refurbish those items. Just take it back to the store and ask for a refund. And another thing, what the heck did you expect. IT'S A USED DS FOR GOD'S SAKE! You buy cheap and you get cheap.