MetroPCS / 4g data
I am on the $40 4G plan. I had gone over 250MB for the month of MAY 2012. It took me abut 3 weeks to go over my data limit for the month of MAY. So because I went over my limit, my 4G data was being throttled/slowed down to very slow speeds. After the MAY billing cycle ended, and the JUNE cycle started, I had the same throttled 4G speed since DAY 1 of the NEW CYCLE. I tried restarting my phone, taking the battery out, etc. That did not correct the problem, so I called customer service and they told me I had already reached 100% of my data limit. I know this was wrong, so few days later I went to the metropcs store (corporate) and tried to resolve this issue.
The manager told me that I had actually used 221% of my data limit. I even showed him the data monitoring app on my phone which stated I had only used 4 MB.
They told me it's the applications that are "hogging" data, but I am not a beginner user on tech products. I know that the meter did not reset. Of course, I was pressured to upgrade, which I did not. I see this as an unethical way/method this company is trying to do bussiness in order to make more money off their customers in order to : Appeal to their investors (PCS shares are at a very low price in years) and to pay off their debt and costs the company has for their 4G network.
I am not a heavy user data user. I used to be on the $50 plan with 2GB, and had always ended the billing cycle with around 2-5% data usage. I know that for the month of JUNE I would be surpassing the 250MB limit, but not on the first day when I had barely used the phone.
More MetroPCS Complaints & Reviews
- MetroPCS - where's my rebate? 
- MetroPCS - don't pay the insurance 
- Metro PCS - unauthorized over charges, no customer service! 
- BillMatrix / Metro Pcs - can't pay bill - won't take debit card 
- Metro PCS - they suck 
- MetroPCS - defective samsung galaxy j7 prime, samsung failure to honor refund warranty policy, scam artist company
- MetroPCS - service
- MetroPCS - one time 48 hr extended service
- MetroPCS - services very. very unprofessional from a employee 
- MetroPCS - unethical practices