Metro PCS / Samsung Caliber / cannot download to windows 7
Getting a new "Samsung Caliber" cell phone from Metro PCS? If you are using a lap top or PC running Windows 7, BUYER BEWARE! The software required to allow USB transfer to and from your new "Caliber" will not install. Therefore, you will not be able to use your data card at all, which is the ONLY way to use the music player or store data on your computer. I wrote to Samsung about the problem and they not only confirmed that Samsung does not have a driver compatible with 64 bit operating systems, but do not necessarily plan to in the future.
So, not only did Samsung miss the boat here, but METRO PCS is selling a product that is defective in that it does not function as advertised, unless you have a 32 bit operating system (example, Windows XP, Vista).
Their return policy limits phone calls use to 1 hour, so be sure to check out each and every feature, including downloading the software required to use the USB cable (disk included with phone) before you cancel your old phone service and start yakking away on ANY of the Metro phones. (The sales person at the Metro store said he heard that the Samsung Code had the same problem not downloading to Win7, but I can not confirm this.)
More Metro PCS / Samsung Caliber Complaints & Reviews
- MetroPCS - where's my rebate? 
- MetroPCS - don't pay the insurance 
- Metro PCS - unauthorized over charges, no customer service! 
- BillMatrix / Metro Pcs - can't pay bill - won't take debit card 
- MetroPCS - 4g data 
- Metro PC - my plan
- MetroPCS Watertown MA Store Manager Julius Yaldo - two phones for two lines offer was not honored.
- Metro PCS - can't get a paper bill or internet & my text msgs come back to back
- Metro PCS - customer service/ negative employee performance
- Metro PCS - cellphone insurance and customer care representative misleading information