Mercedes Benz / Service and Handling

Ewing Autohaus
If you can put up with waiting endlessly and poor finance service and accuracy, you can go to Ewing Autohaus. I purchased my new car 2 days ago, the experience has been nothing but chaotic. Service stopped the moment the contract was signed. I regretted my decision to switch from Lexus to MB. My money is not worth the headache and the stressful experience I have with this dealer!

DOUBLE CHECK THEIR MATH!! Their math is always in their favor, and if you don't check their math, you're at a loss. The contract included poor math, and A LOT OF hidden terms. They even messed up with the base sales price by $2, 500.

I vented my bad experience with the dealer's management, the attitude I received back was defensive and nothing but arrogant. They show no sympathy for what a customer has gone through, as far as they're concerned, they met their sales quota, everything else is your problem.

P.S. You have to be in line for just about everything. For someone who's spending $50K on a car, you think it's worth your money and time?

A  6th of Jan, 2010 by
I bought my C240 in 2005 from Ewing. Everything said in the post is true. I had the same experience. If it looks and smells rotten, it's probably rotten. Stay away. Better off buying anything other than a MB anyway. Mine is sitting on the driveway dead, lights wont work, doors wont lock, and the display states oil is overfilled yet the dealer looked at it and said that it is fine. BEWARE!
A  20th of Jan, 2010 by
leased my forth MB in last 8 years from freehold n.j. MB...Got it first week in nov.09 crashed it Nov.12 2009 as of today Jan 18 2010 car still in repair shop (JOST WALL N.J.)Reason MB can not supply shop with parts to repair car.Calls to mb customer service...yea what customer service...on deaf ears nothing but lame excuses...and no satisfaction...BEWARE BEFORE BUYING A MB...My forth and my last!
N  20th of Jan, 2011 by

Mercdes Benz - Charged for stuff that is part of service contract
Mercdes Benz

Went to Mercedes Sandton to replace a headlight globe. Phoned them 2 times this morning to enquire whether the item is covered as part of service contract but no-one could help. Went in, had to pay for the globe, asked to speak to a service consultant to get clarity on what is excluded from service contract and was informed that globes are covered under the service plan.

No-one had explained to me that I had to book the car in to ensure that it is covered under the service plan as no one knew. It seems as if there is a lack of knowledge and no one really cares. Even though the item was cheapish (R156.00) I am upset about the principle.
N  4th of Feb, 2011 by
i found a message regarding winning a sweepstake promo, is it a true or fake, let us know
N  24th of Jun, 2012 by

Mercedes Benz - Waiting since March 2012 for new remote and keys after they have been stolen
Mercedes Benz SPRINGS
South Africa

I lodge this complaint on behave of my brother Tienie(M C) Fourie ID 4806125071080, thee owner of a C200 compressor registration number XSK 934 GP. His car keys was stolen when theey broke into his house and he had to get new keys and a remote. This happened in March 2012 and up till today 24th of June he still has not received thee key's.For Mercedes Benz which was always known for excellent service theis is totally unacceptable.This one would expect from the cheap and nasty manufacturers. The Garage in this case is situated in Springs Gauteng.There is also an issue regarding the replacement of wiper blades that were brand new. Unfortunately he has not got access to the internet and that is why I am lodging thee complaint. He is furious because of thee ABSOLUTE POOR SERVICE HE EXPERIENCE FROM THE SPRINGS MERC BENCE GARAGE. His contact details is as follows cel nr 083 235 7130.He stays in nr 24 Malva avenue in Nigel.PLEASE ASSIST AS A MATTER OF URGENCY!!! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!! 16BWEEKS SHAME ON YOU M/BENZ.
N  12th of Feb, 2013 by
My dad took his Mercedes in for a scheduled maintenance and got it back making a noise in the front end. My dad took it back immediately and they said they would check it out. They came back and said it was the drive train so they charged my dad and fixed it. Guess what? it wasn't the drive train. The car still made the same noise! My dad took it back and they said they would take care of it. They came back and said it was the engine and that it had some cut cables. The only people under the hood were these people and had the nerve to charge my dad to repair it. So my dad paid the charge. Now the total bill is up to $5000.00 and guess what? it wasn't the engine, the car is still making the same noise. So my dad didn't even drive it off the lot and my brother finally got a mechanic and drove with him to replicate the sound, so finally they are making headway but guess what? They want to charge my dad $2000.00 dollars more to fix it. They made repairs to my Dad's car that wasn't necessary because according to the scheduled maintenance that was done, the car was fine. These people are dishonest and would never recommend them to anyone.