Mercedes-Benz - India / Frustrated and dejected customer service

1 India Review updated:

I bought a mercedes c 200 k from sanghi motors , nagpur on feb 2006.

Within 15 days, I observed that the rear seats of the car is a misfit and gives an backache if I travell more than 25 kms at a streach. I addressed my complaints to the the local service agents only to get some funny answers like this can never happen or you check the air preasure of your wheels. They never came and checked the vehicle.

I tried and contacted their corporate office in Pune, where I presented my problem to another service representative who seem to be more funny with his answers than the local agent. At least he was able to get the suspensions checked and arranged two service engineers to come and have ride on the rear seats, only to tell us that everything is perfect with the vehicle.

Frustrated and dejected I thought of replacing the rear seat on my own cost and I was shocked to get an answer from the Pune office that they cannot do anything for that either as seats do not come as a spare part so I should upgrade my car to an s class if at all I want better seat comfort.

Anybody buying mercedes in India should be ready for this kind of customer service before he decides in favour of it.

Sh

Comments

26th of Oct, 2011
    Mercedes Benz/Smart - Shocking service
    South Africa

had an altercation with a storm water drain in my car. The Dealer Principal from Bryanston was very kind and sent out a wheel and a rim and took the car back to the dealership.

Initially they wanted to replace 4 rims – I only needed one

Then it took forever to get a written quote which I assumed was the result of a thoroughly examined vehicle

I said when the rim comes in, call me and I will have the tyre fitted – which I did – saved myself R1000

I fetched the car on Friday and took it straight for wheel alignment – they picked up a small problem – I then read the invoice

This is what has transpired since – I really don’t think that this is the kind of service expected from Mercedes Benz – The Best or nothing.

In terms of the National Consumer Act this kind of service is not acceptable. As a consumer I was correct in assuming that they had done a through inspection. The story with the roof is malicious damage to property in my book and I refuse to just live with it. To access the roof control motor you have to take the cover off with a screwdriver – they had no business at that end of my car

I want the answers to my questions

1. Why was the roof fiddled with?

2. Why did they not thoroughly check the car?

3. Why did they not run a diagnostic?

4.Why do I not get answers to my questions?

• Ty
      15th of Dec, 2015

Seems like it comes in habit of Mercedes Benz India to sale faulty cars within the country. Recently, I have also faced an issue related to manufacturing defect in my brand new Mercedes-Benz GL 350, which I have purchased from T & T Motors Delhi on August 9, 2015. Mercedes India and luxury car dealer T and T motors have not shown any courtesy to address the issues, even after repeated mails and complaints. This shows that Mercedes Benz India takes customers for granted.

There was a problem of constant rattling and crackling noise in front/back, left/right doors i.e. in all four doors while the car was on. I have spent months waiting that T & T Motors and Mercedes Benz India will take my complaints seriously, but they did just nothing apart from taking repeated test drives and fake replies of emails. After suffering a lot of humiliation and pain, there was no other way, but to send a legal notice against the luxury car dealer T & T motors and Mercedes Benz India. I hope that through this complaint I will get proper justice and compensation of money.