Mercedes Benz GL450 / Fire under passenger seat
My 2007 Mercedes GL450 caught fire under the passenger seat while we were sleeping. It was 2am and the car had not been run since 4pm (10 hours). After a little research, this is not uncommon in GL450s. It nearly caught the house on fire and would have if we hadn't acted quickly. My husband had to drag the car out of the garage with his truck after we got the flames down with a fire extinguisher. The car would not go in neutral as the battery under the passenger seat was charred. From my initial research, this spontaneous fire from under the seat is not uncommon and has spanned several years of this model. It is unbelievable that this problem is out there and MB has done nothing about it! I will never trust MB again. It may take a kid getting charred before they own up to it! All my service was done at the dealership. This could have easily killed my whole family.
More Mercedes Benz GL450 Complaints & Reviews
- Mercedes-Benz - Failed Heated Seat Causing Fire 
- Mercedes-benz South Africa - Repairs and servicing 
- Mercedes Benz Research & Development India Pvt Ltd. (MBRDI) - Wicked management, strict notice period 3 months 
- Mercedes Benz Of Tampa Bay - Discrimination based on race and sex!
- Mercedes-Benz - India - Frustrated and dejected customer service 
- Mercedes-Benz International - cla220 engine light
- Giza National Automotive (GNA) - Mercedes-Benz Egypt, Pyramids Heights Showroom - customer service complaint
- Mercedes-Benz International - repairs not being done because of lack of parts, or so they claim.
- Mercedes Benz - mercedes mechanics are fitters so never ever be without a maintenace plan ever
- Mercedes Benz of Vereeniging (New Vaal Motors) - engine light