Mercedes Benz / awful experience
I purchased a mercedes cdi family saloon car 4 years ago which has just come out of warranty. It has only 24000 miles on the clock and is as good as new, so I thought. To my horror after just dropping off my two babies at my mothers was traveling down the road when the revs stuck fast as if it was going to blow the engine, the car was then engulfed in smoke outside and inside the car, so much so that the fire brigade turned up. I was just so glad my children were not in the car, but was absolutely terrified. I then tried to turn off the car, but even after taking the keys out the engine was still running and bellowing out smoke. A passer by said the only way the car was going to turn off was by stalling it, which I did but yet very reluctant to get back in the car. We then returned the car to Mercedes. We did take out extra cover with the AA which covered us for £3000 for parts. On mercedes doing a report the repairs were to total to £4600, surely this cannot be right for a car which has done such little millage. Getting any good will off Mercedes is none existent to pay £26000 for a car surely they should help with costs as we have been told by an AA member, and a member of Mercedes themselves this should never have happened and Mercedes should take some responsibility. I am gutted don't know were I'm going to find the money but on the other hand I am just so relieved that my children were not in the car, heaven forbid if the central locking also would have gone as I might not be here today to warn others of this problem.
More Mercedes Benz Complaints & Reviews
- Mercedes-Benz - Failed Heated Seat Causing Fire 
- Mercedes-benz South Africa - Repairs and servicing 
- Mercedes Benz Research & Development India Pvt Ltd. (MBRDI) - Wicked management, strict notice period 3 months 
- Mercedes Benz Of Tampa Bay - Discrimination based on race and sex!
- Mercedes-Benz - India - Frustrated and dejected customer service 
- Mercedes-Benz International - cla220 engine light
- Giza National Automotive (GNA) - Mercedes-Benz Egypt, Pyramids Heights Showroom - customer service complaint
- Mercedes-Benz International - repairs not being done because of lack of parts, or so they claim.
- Mercedes Benz - mercedes mechanics are fitters so never ever be without a maintenace plan ever
- Mercedes Benz of Vereeniging (New Vaal Motors) - engine light