Mercedes Benz / Awful experience

I purchased a mercedes cdi family saloon car 4 years ago which has just come out of warranty. It has only 24000 miles on the clock and is as good as new, so I thought. To my horror after just dropping off my two babies at my mothers was traveling down the road when the revs stuck fast as if it was going to blow the engine, the car was then engulfed in smoke outside and inside the car, so much so that the fire brigade turned up. I was just so glad my children were not in the car, but was absolutely terrified. I then tried to turn off the car, but even after taking the keys out the engine was still running and bellowing out smoke. A passer by said the only way the car was going to turn off was by stalling it, which I did but yet very reluctant to get back in the car. We then returned the car to Mercedes. We did take out extra cover with the AA which covered us for £3000 for parts. On mercedes doing a report the repairs were to total to £4600, surely this cannot be right for a car which has done such little millage. Getting any good will off Mercedes is none existent to pay £26000 for a car surely they should help with costs as we have been told by an AA member, and a member of Mercedes themselves this should never have happened and Mercedes should take some responsibility. I am gutted don't know were I'm going to find the money but on the other hand I am just so relieved that my children were not in the car, heaven forbid if the central locking also would have gone as I might not be here today to warn others of this problem.

Ro

Comments

• Pt
      19th of Jan, 2012

I wish I read this board before buying one, they truck is the most expensive POS I ever purchased...spread the word to your friends and family DO NOT BUY A MERCEDES BENZ!!!