Melaleuca / terrible experience!

1 Idaho Falls, ID, United States Review updated:
Phone: 208-522-0700

I have been using Melaleuca products for about 6 months now. At first I was relieved to find such a great company with high quality products. I truly bought into the whole package. They promote 'Going Green with Melaleuca' Later did I find out that Melaleuca is really not so green.

I have a hard time understanding how a company that advertises wellness doesn't put all of their ingredients on the labels of the packaging. I have even called Melaleuca, and they refused to send me ingredients for some of the product in the Nicole Miller line. I was finally able to speak to someone who told me the ingredients over the phone. Not only is their makeup loaded with Parabens, but they put dimethicone in almost all of their personal care lines. (Dimethicone is synthetic emollient that is a known tumor promoters and accumulates in the liver and lymph nodes. It is also non-biodegradable, causing negative environmental impact) There is formaldehyde in the children's line. While formaldehyde is wonderful for persevering cadavers, I would prefer to not have that absorbed into my child's skin! There are xenoestrogens in their Body Satin line. Anything that is absorbed into the skin is 10 times that of an oral dose.

I feel Melaleucas advertising is false. The truth is, is that their products are no better than Proctor & Gambles. The only positive aspect of dealing with Melaleuca, is that I can save time and money by making home made cleaning products. Baking soda works wonders and its better for the environment than anything Melaleuca sells.

Hopefully I will be able to send my products back for a refund.

Va

Comments

• Ge
      27th of Apr, 2008

You are 100% right
    I have found the #1 green products on the market
    If want to change your life for ever
    go to...
    www.aworldchampion.net

user name…freedom

password;;;project

watch "the Dirt on Clean"
    and
    "get clean video"

Win $$$250 worth of free wellness products form the world leader

www.GoShaklee.info

PASSWORD is CH82085

I thank you for your time,

Please if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call me

Best Regards,

George Piegaro Jr.

GPP107@comcast.net

CEO/ Healthier you, Healthier Planet Inc.

~Health advisor/Coach/Environmentalists~

Office-~800~207~7063 ext. 101 or my cell ~609~203~5199

Home page we site www.ProvenByMillions.com

• Je
      29th of Apr, 2008

There is a 100% money back guarantee on all their products, so you should not have any issues there. I just got off the phone with product development and was educated on the above issues. Yes, parabens are in about 10 remaining products and they are researching to phase them out in the very near future. Dimethicone is not a known carcinogen, I'm not quite sure where you get your information. Skin Deep is a cosmetics database with safety information on hundreds of cosmetic ingredients. You can see dimethicone info here: http://tinyurl.com/6ht7lx
    I hope this helps. I have never had any issues with Melaleuca or their products. Any time I've had questions, the product development line has been more than helpful in resolving them. Feel free to contact me if needed.

JessieAndShawn (at) live . com

• K
      18th of May, 2008

Aworldchampion.com is a link to a MLM... Don't be fooled!

• Li
      17th of Jul, 2008

I totally agree. I have tried canceling for two months! When you call, sure they seem nice but don't be fooled. How would my mail get everywhere but to Idaho...it's a pyramid scheme. They tell you what you want to hear, good for the enviroment, 100 % guarentee .. the only truth is they steal your money! I have contacted the BBB and my credit card company. USE CAUTION!!!

• Am
      20th of Feb, 2009

I was a member of Melaleuca for 9 years. I had a wonderful experience for most of it. The marketing plan only works (in the sense that you can quit your day job) for less than 1%. I made an attempt at the business end 4 times and a total of probably 1/2 the time I was enrolled. My largest check was $500 but the average was about $9. I spent over $2000 on advertising and such.

As for the products, if you log in to your online account, they give all the ingredients. There is absolutely no formaldehyde (quaternium) in their children's line. That is a piece of misinformation.

There is however splenda, sucralose, in their food line. I don't understand this because they preach, and preach HARD against bleach. Splenda is produced using chlorine and converts to chlorine biproducts in the intestines.

I am no longer a melaleuca member because I was no longer satisfied with partly organic and mostly natural products. I wanted all natural, organic and plant based items. I started shopping at www.allnatural4life.com.

5th of May, 2009

Thanks for all the information i was just deciding weather i should sign up or not. I have been looking for natural cleaning products. and Lotions without any Parabens. I have found a selfpreserving lotions finally usana.com. Thanks again for your help

12th of May, 2009

wow, you may be so happy using clorox in home and using vitamins thas don't work any ways do what you want. and be happy. if you can

12th of May, 2009

you are not informed at all. better chose other company to make complaint. every body is happy making money here haha!...

• Ik
      17th of Jul, 2009

Amensista,

I am glad that you found a company that you like, but I did want to mention that your spending over $2, 000 on marketing materials was purely YOUR CHOICE. It is not necessary. I have been receiving a check each month for over 40 months and all I have done is shopped and referred other customers. And, I might add, it has been well over $9.

• Wa
      13th of Aug, 2009

I think this complaint is completely bogus. First of all it is loaded with misinformation. As for the comment on spending $2000...why in the world did you do something like that? I know that no one asked you to spend a nickel on advertising. They promote free advertising. I have been a member and have been referring customers for quite some time now and my checks are pretty substantial for never leaving my house. I have never made less than $800 - that was my first check and it has been growing ever since. And the business model is not one of those "pyramid things". If that was your impression, then it is no wonder you did not make any money. It is a legitimate way to earn a lot of money while truly being at home.

18th of Aug, 2009

bla, bla, bla. while people cry about melaleuca, the latinos are making a lot of money. why?
    because we work very hard and less crying. I make $25, 000 per month I made this in just 26 months, how is that?

• Mi
      18th of Aug, 2009

The good news is the GMP (good manufacturing practices) requirement that is coming into play with nutrition products. The governement will begin requiring that every company complies to strict labeling standards by 2011 or they will go out of business. So either Melaleuca complies to quality and label requirements in the next year or so or they won't last. :)

• Am
      26th of Aug, 2009

I work in the cosmetology business and ALL companies are required to have a MSDS sheet on all products. This is a "materials safety data sheet" which lists all chemicals which the product contains and the safety rating. As licensed professional, I am required to have a MSDS sheet on every product I use or sell. Ask Melaleuca for a MSDS sheet on their products.

Of course you can make a lot of $$$. I can make $$$ selling ice during winter in Alaska too. It's in the marketing and the gimic. What it comes down to is what are you willing to do & how are you willing to bend the truth? Is it all about the $$$? This is what you have to ask yoursef.

• En
      23rd of Sep, 2009

It is very important that the information poeple complain about is backed up by scientific research. If the person making comments about the dimethicone will simply google the word dimethicone and use another websites definition or label should be aware that there are all kinds of people in this world who can build a website and it can be false or skewed or true. Comments should be referenced in order to have credibility.
    I also looked at many of my products and some of which I purchased at a local wellness store, these products had dimethicone in it.
    Also, check out the website, skindeep and there you can see ALL of the products that contain dimethicone. Really, you just might be putting sunscreen on your face that has dimethicone.

• Fa
      27th of Sep, 2009

Melaleuca is just what they say it is, other wise they would go out of business paying out huge sums for settlements. They have been around since 1985 and going strong ...The problem with making money with Melaleuca is that to many people have gotten burned by SOMEONE ELSE, that is the main factor, like am way most any time i talk to someone about Melaleuca, they put up their gaurd""oh it's like am way""?and so they want to here nothing more, mind closed...and anyone who enters a contract should read it and NOT pass blame on anyone else...

13th of Nov, 2009

Any company that has to sell their product through MLM is NOT offering a valuable product, period. The free enterprise system allows products of value to rise to the top through traditional marketing channels. Total abuse of friends and family whom you would better serve by asking them to GIVE you money...

• Be
      2nd of Feb, 2010

I have used Melaleuca for over a decade. I wouldn't have done that if the products weren't superior. The Provex Plus alone relieved my arthritis and allergies, wouldn't be without it. Before Provex Plus, I couldn't wear contact lens because of my scratchy eyes. Within 3 weeks of use, I was able to get contacts for the first time and have been wearing them for over a decade now with no problem.

Twice during this time I experienced two personal financial situations that required me to end my connection to Melaleuca (as well as all other bills, not just Melaleuca) & both times I just called on the phone to halt my membership. They just let me know how to word it & fax to them with my signature.

Since I had not really pursued it as a business, I wasn't bringing in a big check but still got a pretty good check each month just from the people I had shared with. If I put in the effort to build a business, it would not be hard. Actually currently thinking about doing just that due to the lack of loyalty/ethics of employers.

• Be
      2nd of Feb, 2010

As for the comment that MLMs not having valuable products, that is just not true. And, the Free Enterprise System using the Traditional Marketing Channels you refer to serves only to profit the owner(s) of a company, not the ill-paid people who work their butts off.

In MLMs, you are the Marketing Channel. Therefore, the marketing money in relation to the effort you put in goes to you, not the owner of a marketing company. Who, by the way, has ill-paid people working their butts off to make the marketing company owner millions. So, about 2 people make all the money for any given product by the Traditional Marketing Channels.

• Ke
      16th of Mar, 2010

YOU ARE SO WRONG...Mela would be in big trouble right now if they were claiming to be something they are not and they curtainly would not have recieved awards from BBB or been around 25 yrs and still growing. I only here good things about this company..find something else to do with your time then complain and you might actually find some success in something. WAY TO GO MELAMONEY!!!

• Xc
      21st of Mar, 2010

If you are interested in joining or simply want more info your welcome to email me at x.x.xchris@hotmail.com