Melaleuca / automatic charges

1 Idaho Falls, ID, United States Review updated:

My wife got scammed into signing up for this. Besides having outrageous prices ($26 for nothing more that a 16oz. bottle of glorified Lysol, or over $70 a month for their non FDA approved vitamins), when inquiring how to get out of this scheme, I got hassled by a snotty saleslady out of Blaine, MN. who called the cops on me for asking honest questions which she would answer! (Initials S.W.)
I would definitely steer clear of this outfit.

Comments

• Js
      6th of May, 2009

One day after signing up, I learned on the internet what a scam this was. following their instructions I sent a certified letter, FAX and email to cancel. After reading many of the online complaints I tried to cover all bases. On November 22, 2008 I wrote:

"Please cancel my agreement made via internet on Friday November 21, 2008. Please cancel all and any agreements including but not limited to the three that were on the webpage. Cancel any orders, cancel any kits even though I did not make any orders or order anything, please cancel anything and everything that would have to do with me being a buyer, consumer, distributor, member or any other terminology used by your company. To clarify further, I cancel any type of agreement I could have with your company and do not authorize any charges to my credit card. Reason: Research of your company was negative."

Everything seemed OK and surprise - only in March, 2009 a charge showed up (were they hoping I wouldn't notice?) I disputed it with the credit card company and it was reversed. Now in April the same thing. the credit card company got them on a three way call and after reading the content of my letter they said I failed to cancel on their website! The credit card company ate the cost as Melaleuca refused. I agreed with the credit card rep to go online and cancel according to the instructions we were given on the conference call. Guess what? there is no cancel instructions.

finally I was able to cancel at http://myaccount.itapp.net/mymelaleuca/cancel
    Real easy to find huh? Even though we were told we could just go to the melaleuca site and easily find the cancelation instructions.

What a scam!

• Ti
      31st of May, 2009

FYI

The FDA does not approve vitamins or supplements of any kind. They are expensive, yes.
    FDA approval means jack squat these days. Corporate interests own the FDA. Sorry about your bad experience.

• Ne
      11th of Jan, 2010

I think this complaint is all a bunch of crap. For those of you who have actually taken the time to read this far into this website please notice that most of these are just copied and reprinted several times under several different email addresses. They may be slightly changed but this is just someone who is vicious and has nothing better to do than to try to influence a stranger with their twisted stories.

• Ss
      9th of Jul, 2010

If this is such a bad company then why do the have an (A) rating with the BBB? Seems like these are just bogus complaints with no real basis of truth.

• Do
      29th of Oct, 2010

Melaleuca does not sale Lysol for 26 dollars, thats is not real, be honest, Lysol is made by Proctor and Gamble.
    second, FDA dont work with natural products, only with doctors prescriptions drugs, becaause the third cause of dead in america is prescriptions drugs, thas why FDA its checking the ingredients.

Melaleuca vitamins are the best, you can try it for 90 days, if you don feel the diference, will got your money back.

• Le
      31st of Mar, 2011

(Wah!) Not every single item you use will work perfectly for every type of stain. If you are so disatisfied, contact the company (you don't need the receipt), get a refund and go back to whatever product (apparently sent from heaven) you were previously using.

I've had no problem with the product.