Melaleuca / don't do business with them

I have been a customer of Melaleuca for 15-20 yrs. and now that my children are grown no longer need their products. I have spent 5 months trying to cancel my account with them. I cancelled my charge card to stop them, spoke with numerous representatives (who assured me everything was fine) and sent a number of letters yet they continued to send me packages. They have sent me numerous letters and repeatedly called my home for payment of these packages that had been sent back. I spoke with someone this evening about it again and he informed me that I owe them for the UPS charge for the package I sent back last. I explained that the account was cancelled months ago, that just weeks ago a representative told me the package was sent by mistake and would I be so kind to send it back. Which I did and I was not asking them for reimbursement of the postage. He then informed me that if I didn't pay for the UPS charge that they would continue to harass me by calling constantly. Do Not Do Business With This Company!

Va

Comments

• Ke
      22nd of Jul, 2009

you spent 15-20 years with the company to cancel when your kids are older and for what reason. did you send back your grocerys from walmart too!!! they tell you when you sign up to fax letter if you want to cancel. I have no problems with melaleuca and I love their stuff I am a customer for life.

13th of Aug, 2009

So let me get this straight...

For somewhere between 180 months and 240 months you shopped happily with Melaleuca with no problems and now suddenly because yoru kids are no longer there you want to leave?

if anyone is here looking for a reason TO join you just gave it to them with a 15 to 20 year track record like that, certainly anyone wanting to join up can feel confident that their orders will be taken, processed and shipped with no problems.

I agree with kelk, Im a customer for life.

• Ti
      17th of Nov, 2009

I just signed up for malaleuca and so far have had no issues, but do find it a bit strange that the only way to cancel your membership is to do it in writing. Why is a phone call or e-mail not sufficient?. And after reading all of these issues that have happened it definitely makes me more aware of possibly issues. Just because one person has a great experience doesn't mean everyone will have a great one!. Thats just the way the world works, but I think with all the knowledge from both sides of the coin will only help you in the future. Now if I have any issues I know exactly what to do; hoping I dont. I would really like to be succesful with this company and I am hoping that a majority of you out there are as well. And I am sorry for all the trouble that the rest of you have now or have had in the past. Thanks for all the information though, its greatly appreciated.
    melalueca newcomer :)

• Ge
      30th of Jan, 2010

Hi Melaleuca is a good Business to have my business has been good http://getthewealth.net it you have any question about the company. go to my site and email me ...

16th of Mar, 2010

I LOVE MELALEUCA!!! ALL I GOT TO SAY!!!

16th of Mar, 2010

Well tiff you have a couple things right...for one not everything is for everyone that is why mela has a 100% Guarantee satisfaction there. They can cancel at any time and yes it makes sense to fax because if everything was done by phone then where is the security in that. I am glad you jumped on board, however, as a new customer, especially if your doing the business, I dont see you doing well if you are willing to believe in complaints rather then your own personal experience. Everyone has there own experiences yes, but I dont let anyone influence my decisions to do well in anything. Yes any one can have a great experience. If you dont like the products return them, thats ok, they may not be your type but why come here to complain and call the company a scam like many on here do is so stupid. Melaleuca would not be around for 25 years, recieve several awards from the BBB and have tons of satisfied customers if they were a scam so get over yourselfs (this is not directed to you Tiff). What you all do with your time is part of what you are. If it dont work for you then dont do it but what is the point of trying to convince someone else that they cant if you dont even know them. For those of you coming on here to find out more info. the best advice I can give IS BE BLIND!!! DEA[censored] Call BBB go to the right source. Melaleauce is the best thing I ever did and they are only GROWING. Follow your own dream and heart and dont let anyone tell you what is best for you...step out of your comfort zone...take a risk...and see for yourself. By all means do your research because there are some scams out there but do the right research, dont listen to people who have nothing better to do with themselves then complain about how the company failed them because usually 90% of the time they gave up before even giving it a chance. Anyone willing to argue with me feel free I bet I can help you get to the root of the real problem. I had a lady tell me the other day she tryed it for 4 months and it didnt make her any money BUT she loved the products. Well If you like the products what was the problem. So I asked her what level are you...she said a level three...so i asked if she got a value pack and her answer was no. Sorry but you CAN NOT refer a business to someone and NOT NO about the products by only buying 5 products a month. If you do that it will take years to get to really know the products...so like I said...she gave up before really seeing the value just because she didnt listen to her mentor. OK I think I am done for Now