Meijer Pharmacydrive thru unethical behavior

On Friday evening, January 18, 2019, I pulled into the Meijer pharmacy on West Saginaw in Lansing, MI to pick up a prescription I had ordered the day before. It was approximately 7:15pm when I pulled up. There was ONE car in front of me. After about 15 minutes I became a little antsy because I had to be at work at 8pm. Cars had begun to pull in behind me. At approximately 7:50pm, I felt my blood pressure start to rise and began to honk my horn furiously. The prudent person would have just drove off, right? Wrong. The drive thru is structured so that you are blocked in and can't get out unless the vehicle in front of you moves. Once I began to honk the horn, the customers ahead of me jumped out of the car and began to scream that they are getting their prescriptions filled. I then called inside and the person at the drive thru window answered the phone. I knew it was him because I was so close to the window that I could clearly hear every word he spoke, even when he asked me if he could place me on hold. My response "Absolutely Not, as I have waited in line long enough". I then explained to him that I was enraged and need to be let out of the line immediately because I also have a job that I need to be at in 10 minutes. The pharmacist then hung up on me. I got to the window and asked him if he had completely lost his mind. You cannot trap people in a drive thru line for nearly an hour while you fill a prescription. First of all, there's so many safety issues that I can't even begin to name them all but most importantly, if that customer could not be serviced in a time-frame that's becoming to the customers in the line, then they should have either been asked to come in or come back. If I had thought I could compose my anger enough to deal with the police, I would have called them. The pharmacist then proceeded to log off of his computer and walk away from the drive thru window.

Ch
Jan 22, 2019

Comments

• Ph
      Jan 22, 2019

If you are too lazy to get out of your car and walk a few steps into the building that's your fault . If you didn't give yourself enough time to accommodate delays, that's your fault.
    Prescriptions can take a while to fill, and being a rude jerk and in your own words, honk your horn furiously, helps nothing. If I was in the car in front of you I would have told you off too!
    How would you like it if someone treated you that way? And you were inexcusably rude to the person in the pharmacy trying to assist you. If you had called the police, they would have laughed in your face.
    Hopefully your prescription was to help you be less of a selfish self-centered jerk and learn how to behave in society.

•   Jan 22, 2019

The police. Seriously??? “I want to report a crime. I’m being held hostage by this bank. Thirty-five minutes in the drive-thru because I am too lazy to park and go inside. People yelled at me because I rudely kept beeping my horn. Yes, I was very stupid to do that because a pharmacist clerk has to fill scripts and not be interrupted. They made me late to work so arrest them.”

Wasting police resources is a crime.

There is so much more to fill a prescription than shoving pills in a bottle. If you can’t realize that, and want instant services, go to Walmart Pharmacy and shop while waiting.

•   Jan 22, 2019

Oh, 7:15-7:50 is 35 minutes, not nearly an hour.

• Gr
      Mar 28, 2019

Wow - really people. I'm with this guy - as a pharmacist - if you know it's going to take longer than 10 minutes - you ask the customer to please pull out of line - and they will text you when the script is ready and you can either pull back in line or come inside. I would not want to be held hostage in a line I couldn't get out of either. And how arrogant of the pharmacist to leave other people waiting that long when a script was already ready for the man 2nd in line and there would have been no waiting for this man. So maybe you all don't have a life and have no where to go, but I can definitely sympathize with this guy. The drive-thru is a convenience - waiting in line for more than 15 minutes for one customer is not convenient for anyone.