[Resolved] Mediacom / Lies and Poor Customer Service

5 IN, United States Review updated:

Another unhappy MediaCom customer.

Called last week to set up to add Cable to my prexisting internet service. The date was set for Nov 23 between 8 and noon. I wait till 12:30 and nothing. So when I call to inquire about where the tech is I was told they "Called 3 times" After informing them I had 0 missed calls and no messages I am told they don't leave messages. She puts me on hold and I get disconnected.

After I call back I'm told he called 3 times and left 3 messages ... Strange given I was just told they don't leave messages. I am then told that they will have to reschedule (this is at 1;30) ... I see no reason why the tech who alleges he came to my home can't come back at the end of the day and solve this problem.

I Get disconnected 3 times during 2 hours of being placed on hold, transfered, and told Im a liar. What have I to lie about? I'm a paying customer of 1 year who'm waited a week to get cable service and took the morning off work so that I could be home during the window they requested I be home.

At 4:15 I call and get ahold of someone in CS who says she'll call Illinois (Chilicothi I think she said) which is allegedly where the dispatch center is located and try to get me answers. She insures me she will call me back in 10 mins. I think thats unreasonable and didn't expect her to so I wait and wait and wait and of course nothing

Finally at 4:45 I call back and this time the CS rep has a new fiction tale for me and I am told that he left a Service tag on my door the first time he was at my house... Oh yet another Lie. I then ask my elderly neighbor who sits in front of her window all day if she saw a truck outside. Of course not. I guess they come, call, leave a tag, leave and keep calling? Nonsense. My 4 year old can tell a better lie than these people

And with that 15 mins before the close of business I am told I must wait until AFTER thanksgiving ... A FULL WEEK to get cable.

Of course I have no options except to spread the word to the public and I plan to file a complaint with the BBB

• Resolution statement

• I want to apologize for the experience you have had. Mediacom strives to never let a customer endure treatment like you have described and I will do everything possible to make sure this doesn't happen again. I would also love to look at the account so we can find a way to compensate you for the hassles and to do whatever it takes to regain your trust in us as a company.
    Please email us at [protected]@mediacomcc.com.
    My sincere apologies,
    Chris

Comments

• Vi
      14th of Jun, 2011

Comments: I would like to have a e-mail address to send to someone there to show them picture's of the fine install your tech's did here years ago. And I had a Tech here last Friday showed him and he just drove off, didnt even repair it just laughed and shoud his shoulders, shook his head. I found damage from outside moisture in our lower part of our basement and couldnt understand why my feet was always cold in the winter. When I replaced my compute desk this spring I found two hole's and you could see all the way through the hole and see the outside. I want this cleared up .Now

Response was:Thank you for your recent email to our Customer Service Department. To ensure the privacy and security of your information, we ask for you to please contact our Customer Service Department at 800-332-0245 to discuss your account. Please have your social security number ready so we may verify you as the account holder. We appreciate your time and cooperation in our continued effort to protect your information.

If you need further assistance, or have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us via e-mail and we will be happy to assist you. Please be sure to include your original email for reference. You may also contact us through our Customer Service Department at 800-332-0245, open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for your convenience.

Like that really helped my problem and it showed lets pass the buck again, thats Mediacom for ya here are the pictures of there fine work.I had to seal it up myself that is why you see sealant on it now.