MDG Computers / Warranty fraud

1 Oakville, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I bought a new laptop from mdg computers.It had a standard warranty of one year and I was told by the salesperson that if anything goes wrong, they will fix it at their Vancouver store.

However, we my Ethernet connection stop working ( I could not connect to the Internet via Ethernet cable). I took it back to their Vancouver store. The employee at the service desk told me that they will have to send back the laptop to Toronto to have it fixed. I told them that the salesperson told me that they fix them here. He said that if you want to have it fixed, you must leave it here for up to about 7 to 7 weeks.

MDG Vancouver store called me after about 2 weeks to let me know that the adopter on the motherboard is broken and I will have to pay for it. But I told them that it is under warranty for one year, but they said they can have replace the motherboard and cannot fix it for free. I was shoched and talk to the salesperson, but nothing worked and I told them that I cannot pay about $350.00 and want my laptop back. So they took another 2 weeks before I could get my laptop back. I talked to many other stores and they told me that my laptop was under warranty and that MDG was supposed to fix it at no charge.

I really wasted my money and time while dealing with MDG. I hope nobody else will ever do business with them.

Va

Comments

• Ea
      19th of Jan, 2009

i bought a lcd tv from them, worked for 3 weeks, and now when i call the manufacturer dm technology canada they don't answer the phone, i think mdg and dm technology are together, playing thier stupid games, misleading warranty, i will send them both a registered letter stating that if they do nothing in the 10 days cancel my contract and if they persist i will take them to court, i will bring them down, thats for sure.