MDG / Lousy customer service!

1 Canada Review updated:

I was dealing with MDG to get a TV and laptop.. I was told by Rob that he just needs to get the paperwork to me, I sign it, fax it back and he will do the rest and that I will receive the products within a week... I called him to make sure that this was going to happen. I couldn't get a hold him.. The employee had no clue of who he was and said "we can offer you the product upon that you pay $39.99 for 16 weeks before you receive the products".. I said "no bloody way.. I expect to receive what I am paying for immediately". She told me that that is not how they work. She also told me that even though I haven't signed anything yet, I would be charged $500 for any cancellation so she couldn't cancel the order that hasn't been processed yet... I was pissed about it. I asked to talk to a manager, she said that "no manager is available, but, I am a manager so you have to deal with me". I told her "I will not pay $500 for something that hasn't happened yet" and she told me "you have no choice in the matter". She told me that "if you want to complain about it, email feedback AT mdgdirect.ca and they will get back to you within 24-48 hours".. Well, 1.5 weeks later, no response. I also put a request in the email for a receipt to show that they opened the email... It hasn't happened. This company does not care about customer service or the customers. They only care about trying to make money. If i was to ever get anything from them, they are going to have to prove to me that the product is top notch quality at a top notch price I receive it in timely matter with no BS non of this payments for 16 weeks crap before you receive the product and way better customer service than what you get when you call... They are lousy at treating customers.

Ryan Tomlinson,
Delta, BC.

Ry

Comments

Mc
  13th of Jun, 2007

Interesting to read your comments about MDG. I have had quite a different experience with them, in fact I have had my MDG PC for quite some time now and haven't had a single problem with it. When I was researching PC's before I bought my MDG I found that it was only MDG that uses Tier one brand name components in all of their models. And the packages deals they have were certainly competitive with other company's. I forwarded your complaint to mynotebookreview.com because they have contact with all the major brands in Canada and if you post your comments there as well you will have their attention! Hope that helps!

Sh
  15th of Nov, 2007

I bought an MDG system almost 3 years ago and paid monthly, every time I paid I would receive a bill stating that I owed more than I bought the system for. I bought the system for around $1700 almost 3 years ago, and they say that I still owe them $1900 today!! I have stopped paying as I have calculated all of my payments and have paid well over what I bought the system for and filed a complaint. The error was that I was not to be charged interest for the first year, and I was charged from the very beginning, which is why the amount has never dropped. Pretty INSANE interest rate!! I contacted MDG and the Toronto Star and MDG offered to give me a free monitor for my troubles??? Yeah okay! I refused, and now I have a collections agency calling me for $1900. This company sucks ###!

To
  7th of Apr, 2009

Dont have anything form you and yu are still taking money out of my bank would like all that back

Sh
  23rd of Mar, 2014

I should have read the complaints before dealing with MDG. Their customer service doesn't exist and the tv that showed up was broken. No replacement in sight and no word from their irresponsible sales people or customer service.

Don't do business with them.

Ra
  22nd of Aug, 2014

Decided to try MDG computers because of their financing options and boy was I impressed. Service is fast and friendly and prices are reasonable. Would recommend and rebuy from them anytime.