Mazda/Ford of Orange / Customer Service Sucks!

1 Katella and MainOrange, United States Review updated:

Took our Mazda5 back in, as they didn't repair properly the 2 things under warranty that we requested last visit. The front wheels shake when stopping or driving on the freeway. This is an ongoing issue with many Mazda's, when the brake rotors warp due to bad manufacturer or over tightened wheel lugs. The service dept claimed they turned the rotors, but it still shakes when driving or stopping. The wheels and tire balance are perfect. Also the doors fail to lock and unlock with the remote, and I asked them to fix that. They didn't!

When I took it back in last week, and requested the items be done right this time, the service guy called me several hours later and stated they could not find any problems with the locks! He also said that the front rotors had to be replaced at our cost! I told him I would not pay for their screw up. Our own independant mechanic determined that the rotors were not resurfaced properly last time by Mazda of Orange, and that they had removed too much material. The door locks are still malfunctioning. The service guy did not even call us to tell me that my car was still sitting up on the rack with the wheels the next day. I had to go down to the dealer to find out my car was not even ready. The service manager was a buffoon as well, couldn't find the paperwork on my car, and didn't even know that there was an official Mazda Technical Service Bulletin on both of these reoccuring problems. What a complete waste of my time. Avoid this place at all costs!

P.S. on our way out they were quoting a kid who wanted new tires for his truck $2500.00! Yikes! Costco and American Tire would do it for $1200.00 Beware!

Comments

• Ne
      24th of Jun, 2016

Purchased my Dads 2 yr old car off lease in mint shape from Orange. The sale went smooth, brought 2 other people in to by new ford fusions there at the same time. My 1st oil change went great. My 2nd service was for a belt and tension due to a commonly know engine squeak that last 5 mins. I ended up leaving with the squeak and a cut leather driver seat. Took 2 months for the cover to come in, I had to buy the seat side panel which they also broke. They replace the bottom of the seat cushion and had to remove the seat from the car to do it. When they put the seat back in, they ripped the interior door panel in 3 places, scratched the sill plate and took the paint off the sill plus scraped the drivers side front and rear door which now need paint. $1500 in estimated repairs. UNREAL