Maytag

Posted: Nov 29, 2017 by

washer

Endicott, New York
My wife and I bought a new Maytag washer and new Maytag dryer last October (2016) and both worked great from the start. However, during the first week of November 2017 (3 weeks after the 1 year full warranty expired), the washer had the entire electronic circut board blow and was completely broken and now needs to be replaced (washer would not turn on at all). The washer model number is MVWB765FW0 and the seriel number is C63672075. After having a Maytag representative here in Binghamton, NY (done through Olum's) come and provide me with an estimate for repair on 11/29/17, I was told it will be $338.00 for the part (plus labor) to fix the broken circut board.

This is highly disappointing as we have had the washer for a year and a month and one of the most expensive parts was broken and unfortunetly does not appear to be covered by warranty at this point (only drive motor and washing bucket covered at this time). For this to happen less than 13 months after the purchase date is utterly ridiculous.

We bought a Maytag product after hearing about the quality of their product and that they last a long time. However based on my current experience, the washer model we purchased was not high quality at all and has now cost us over $1, 000 in total (between purchase price and current repair cost) for a washer. To me, this is completely unaccetable and enough for me to never purchase a Maytag product again and enough for me to share this experience with anyone who asks me about home appliances.

For this part not to be included in the 10 year warranty plan for these models is ridiculous and I feel as a customer that we have almost taken advantage by your company because of the beyond poor quality of the washer we purchased. I am requesting that the circut board be covered by Maytag as it is the least that can be done in hopes of retaining my wife or I as clients in the future. If further information is needed from my end (repair information) that can be provided. I can be contacted by phone at 607-725-9353 or by email at powell1350@gmail.com.

Furthermore, the scheduling tool I used through the Maytag website to have a Maytag repair man (in Binghamton, NY aread) come to my house did not work properly as it advised after I finished scheduleing and received via email confirmation (2 of them) that an appt was set for 11/21/17 from 4pm-5pm at my house (536 E Campville Rd. Endicott, NY 13760) - which I chose on the Maytage website - but no one showed up. Upon calling Maytag on 11/21/17, I was told by a nice woman that no such appt was scheduled however Olum's in Binghamton had me scheduled for Monday 11/27/17 and this is not what I requested. After dealing with Olum's in Binghamton, NY for over a hour on 11/21/17, we were able to find time for the Maytag repairman to come give me an estimate on 11/28/17. That scheduling fiasco has made this entire situation even more frustrating and left the sourest taste in my mouth I can remember with respect to customer service.

If I do not hear back from you in a timely fashion, I will assume that the customer service provided by Maytag is as poor in quality as the washer Maytag provided my wife and I that costed over $700 at time of purchase and is now costing an additional $330+ shortly over a year later after purchase.

Thank you.

Cordially,

Dan Powell
607-725-9353
powell1350@gmail.com
Maytag Customer Care's Response, Dec 06, 2017
Hi Daniel Powell, we're sorry to learn of your concerns. We will review your concerns and contact you as soon as we can.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Dry Cleaners & Laundry

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree