Maytag / maytag washer and dryer

United States Review updated:

I had a Maytag washer and dryer for about 20+ years and they were in the house when I purchased it. About a year ago the heating coil on the dryer burned out twice within about 6 weeks so my wife thought it was time for a new set. We chose Maytag because of the great experience we had. WRONG!!!

The new washer was so loud it sounded like it was coming apart. On normal setting it put about 2-3 inches of water in the tub and the top of the clothes didn't even get wet and no it was not overloaded, you could see the bottom of the tub between the clothes. So I called the repairman and he came out and said it was operating the way it was supposed to, that it was a water saver so both the water level and the noise was normal. So we put on Bulky and it gave us enough water to wash clothes. However on almost every load it stops after the wash and we have to change it to spin and drain. So we are NOT saving any water but our aggravation is huge.

The dryer sucks! The old dryer dried most loads between 45-60 minutes this dryer takes at least two cycles of 60 minutes to get dry. In short the products suck. Not only will we not buy anything Maytag or the parent company makes but we will definitely freely share out experience with others

• Maytag Customer Care's Response, Apr 07, 2017

Hi, my name is Marie, and I am contacting you on behalf of Maytag. We would like this opportunity to address your concerns. Please provide your name, user ID (Mike1152), ID number (100176), address, phone number, and date of purchase. Email to [protected]@Maytag.com.

Mi
Jan 27, 2017

Comments

• Mi
      6th of Feb, 2017

Trust me, not only Maytag, but all brands. Mine is new Frigidaire. I HATE it! There may be water savings, but dirty clothes and wasting energy when comes to drying.

• Mi
      6th of Feb, 2017

They are ALL bad at this! I HATE my Frigidaire one!