Maxis Communications / safedevice

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Review updated:

I am writing to file a complaint of fraudulent activity by Maxis and BrightStar.

On the 26th of July 2016, the device under the number [protected] was stolen. The following day, I filed a police report (attached) and went to Maxis to get the SIM card and phone replaced. To my surprise, the Maxis Device Protection does not actually belong to Maxis so the lady at the customer support counter made me call BrightStar to activate the insurance.

In the call with BrightStar, I was informed that they would only cover 50% of the retail value of the device. This is unnacceptable as we were never informed of this.

1. On the Maxis site link:
https://store.maxis.com.my/maxis/personal/devices/android/samsung/samsunggalaxys7edgegoldplatinum/p/100003219001?_ga=1.12076156.950431030.1466919652) there is no information that the device protection only covers 50% of the retail value of the device.

2. The customer support attendent never informed my wife and I that only 50% would be covered when the contract was signed.

3. Nowhere in the contract (attached), is this stated. Maxis now claims that their sales assistant did inform us of the 50% coverage, however this is not true. Also, they sent me a link of their website where they claim the information is stated, however, there is no link to this page on the device page.

I believe this is lack of transparency and fraud on behalf of Maxis seeing that they do not adequately inform their clients. They should be held accountable and should cover the cost of the device for us.

An
Aug 04, 2016

Comments

Aug 05, 2016

No insurance will pay 100% of the retail value. If that is the case, everyone will report their phone got stolen and get a new phone the next day. Please grow up and the world is not fair.

Aug 05, 2016

Next time, do not lose your phone.