Mate1.com / my inbox of emails got sent out over the web

I was attaching my picture to one of my emails. and I pressed the attach button and then my picture. It was supposed to go to the email I was writing but instead every email I have ever received went out over the internet. And I cannot reach them or find them to stop this problem. I had never been in one of those rooms before and only fell into that one by mistake, I did not realize it was one of those kind of rooms. I thought it was just another chat room. Yes I felt stupid, but it was too late. Now all my emails are out there and I don't know how to get them back? Or to stop them?

Comments

9th of Oct, 2007

What you're describe seems highly unlikely. The mechanisms for sending a message on Mate1, the one you would have been using to attach a photo, have no way to send email over the Internet. Sending a message on Mate1 can trigger a notification to be sent out over the Internet, but the server that sends the notifications doesn't know the contents of the messages its sending notifications about.

Its also very easy to contact us. We have a "help/contact us" link on the bottom every page of the website. I don't see how anyone could miss it.

In short there's no way this happened.

• Ge
      24th of Jul, 2013

You've made an error of judgement, just front it out and tell everyone you've been hit by a bug that is computerised and alters what you said .

Tell them you've heard they do this to try and intimidate you for a future blackmail ... but don't loose site of the fact that the web and the governments allow this to go on, where are the fraud squad