Match.com / bad service

1 Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:

I did not order this service.

I am a senior citizen and on a limited.

Funds. I found someone had used my debit card and called my bank to stop payment. I then called the company to see whos e-mail was the one they used.

They would not give it to me. So I could report this as a fraud. I will my bank so they cannot charge me again. As I see the number of complaints against this company. Nothing is being done to stop them. They are just stealing. I am going to report them to the better business bureau.

Gi

Comments

• Va
      6th of Oct, 2008

Actually email correspondence with match.com:

Dear sirs,

I reached a customer service representative by the name of Robert and with the

approval of his supervisor. He informed me that they would correct the error and

I would receive my next 6 months free as promised with my new expiration date

being 21Mar2008.

Thank you for resolving this issue. The representative I spoke with was

extremely polite and helpful.

W 15Sep2008

--- Forwarded Message ---

Date: [Mon, 15 Sep 2008 7:45:14 -0400]

From: W

To: executiveteam AT match.com

Subject: Fraudulent guarantee

Dear sirs,

It has come to my attention based on the email I received from you employee that

your 6 month guarantee is fraudulent. Not only have I had numerous memberships

with match, I did qualify for the free six months. On 13Sep2008, I attempted to

accept the free 6 months. The question is worded awkwardly on purpose I imagine

so to ensure the possibility of striking the wrong key (yes or no). When I

realized I had accidentally made the incorrect keystroke. I contacted match

immediately via email on the same day to inform them of this, clarify that I had

not met anyone in 6 months, and request the free 6 months I had earned according

to match.com's guidelines. I was refused. Cleary this action is fraudulent and

clearly when you check you records, you will find that I earned my free 6

months, and you will correct the problem and give me my free six monthx.

Otherwise I will feel it is necessary to contacti the attorney general's office

and my legal council.

Thank you for your time.

W

--- Forwarded Message ---

Date: [Sun, 14 Sep 2008 7:44:32 -0400]

From: W

To: customercare AT support.match.com

Subject: Re: Other ISSUE=139619 PROJ=38

No I did not decline! I told you I accidentally hit the wrong button. I

contacted you immediately after on the same day it occured. What part of I did

not meet anyone special in 6 months did you not understand? This is very poor

practice and does not follow your terms. Should I make a formal complaint to the

better business bureau or who should I make a formal complaint to. WHo is your

manager. This is not an appropriate way to do business. I expect to be contacted

by someone who can resolve this issue!

W

---- "Match.com" wrote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Notification of Issue Change

Description:

Entered on 09/13/2008 at 22:47:27 by Jonathan T.:

Dear Member,

Thank you for contacting Match.com.

We received your inquiry regarding the Match.com Guarantee.

Our records indicate that you declined the guarantee extension on 09/13/2008,

and are therefore ineligible to receive the extension.

Per our terms of use, Match.com Subscriptions which do not result in a Match.com

Extension (due to ineligibility of the subscriber or failure of the subscriber

to accept the Extension) will automatically be renewed for successive six-month

subscription periods at the subscription rate in effect at the time of renewal.

See Match.com Terms of Use for details regarding Match.com subscriptions and

charges on your billing account.

For reference, below is a link to the Match.com Guarantee terms:

For immediate answers to most common Match.com Guarantee questions, please visit

our help section at:

Your Partners in the Search for Someone Special,

Match.com Customer Care

Jonathan T.

Entered on 09/13/2008 at 11:00:01 by w AT nc.rr.com:

I qualified for the six month guarantee but I think I accidentally hit the wrong

button. Could you check for me? I did not meet anyone special in 6 months and

would like to receive my free 6 months.

Thank you.

• Ei
      16th of Oct, 2008

I have tried unsuccessfully to cancel my Match.com account. They keep deducting from my checking account. I thought I cancelled 3 months ago. Please helkp me. I no longer remember my password or username with Match.com

23rd of Oct, 2008

Doen anyone have a customer seervice number for these ###s? They are extremely fraudulent and once they get your credit card number they will charge you fo ever no matter what. I am at the verge of cancelling my crtedit card just to somehow get out of this.

Match.com is a scam.

• 28
      24th of Nov, 2009

I worked for Match.com about a year ago. Your complaint appears to be one that I have heard numerous times, but the fruad is not on the part of Match.com. Nigerians, as well as other scam artist's somehow get a hold of your credit card information and open accounts with Match.com in order to scam other members. I used to take about 20 complaints a day as well as calls from the Nigerians themselves trying to open accounts with Match.com. Match.com does take these complaints seriously. They immediately shut down any profile that is being investigated as fruad. They also have a special team to investigate and help crack down on these scams. Chances are your charge card was used by a Nigerian to open an account to scam other memebrs out of money. Match.com will refund your bank promptly in that event. The customer service reps hear that complaint on a daily basis, and they do forward cases of fraud to their investigation team. Hopefully your bank closed your charge card account and issued another card with a new number. Be very careful when making online purchases, as well as in stores.

9th of Jan, 2016

Cool I'm not the only one that has problems with match dot com being a scam.