Complaints & Reviews

cheated!

I was a Match.com member and I completed my guarantee period which entitled me to a free six month extension of my membership. Match.com charged my card anyway. I disputed the charge with my bank and Match.com took action! They closed my account, blocked me and banned me forever. They refunded the charge, but I lost my free six month service extension. All I wanted to do was prevent Match.com from illegally stealing my money. The facts speak for themselves. There aren't enough adjectives to describe how incompetent and deceitful they are!

• Ra
    Ray Best Jun 28, 2019

That is so funny.

• Ra
    Ray Best Jun 28, 2019

That is so funny

• 12
    1234Alex Jul 18, 2019

It's not funny at all. Their customer service stinks. I will never use their service again.

unable to log on to account

A few days ago cancelled by account with match.com but had been able to log on and still search and thought about re-starting my account again but when I logged on just now 4/14 1720
I was referred to the resolutions team but that address came straight to this sight. Don't understand why I can't log on my account. Match states even if you cancel you can still log on, search for free. I guess not? I guess I won't re-activate my account either.
[protected]@hotmail.com

unauthorized continued charges

I am pretty certain nobody even checks this complaint board as this is my second complaint regarding Match.com and their sketchy attempts at charging credit cards numbers for a service you do not even use. Interesting how they have a "no refunds policy" is that because there are over 300 complaints from individuals regarding this very same issue. I thought this was resolved months ago. My credit card company issued credits to my card which I was very grateful for. Now I check my account and they have taken the credits back off my card and given the money back to Match.com. This is infuriating considering I had to cancel my last card just to keep this lame ass company from charging on my card again. I am sure by all the technology these days you can tell that nobody (unless it was a hacker) has used your website in years. It is no wonder you have lawsuits right and left filed against you. Stop scamming peoples credit cards. I do not understand how you get away with this. If you do not credit my account for a service that was not even used, I promise you I will sue you. I don't care how much it cost. This is morally wrong and completely unprofessional.

match.com unauthorised subscription

I am hitting a brick wall with Match.com over a credit card charge from out of the blue for a subscription that I did not sign up for. I was a past member but cancelled that back in 2009. I have not reactivated this account but have apparently been charged for doing so. The bank reversed the payment, but Match.com claimed I had received two emails confirming re-subscription (I absolutely did not!) and that I have used the service since (I absolutely have not!). In fact, I have received nothing at all from Match.com aside from the initial customer services correspondence relating to my raising the transaction issue. Only silence now. Probably because my bank folded and reinstated the payment.

Further, I am concerned that if I do try to open the old account to cancel this activation, it will be taken as use of the services.

The truly worrying thing is where did they get my current credit card number from? Made more frightening by the fact that I did sign up with a completely different dating site on the day in question. Are they related and was the info transferred?! That cannot be legal.

unauthorized payment from my account membership no [protected]

Hi I signed up with match in december, £9.99 per month for 6 months a payment was taken on 02/ 1 2019-19.98...

no quiero renovar la suscripción.

Me suscribí a Match en noviembre/2018, por 3 meses y pagué 53 dólares.
En diciembre (al mes)!!! ya no podía entrar en la página, no sé porqué motivo.
Les escribí a la dirección que allí figuraba [protected]@support.match.com y con sorpresa observé que el mensaje no era recibido por esa casilla de correo que ustedes proporcionaban, increíble!

Acabo de recibir un nuevo cobro de su sitio Match, otra vez 53 dólares. No es posible que quieran cobrar por un servicio que no brindan. Exijo la devolución del dinero que pagué por 2 a. vez.

Mi nombre de usuario es Dosportres.
Espero una respuesta a la brevedad
Gracias.

account was deleted but 1.5 years later hacked

I was on Match.com and paid for 6 months in June 2017. A month later I deactivated my account because I met someone. During the one month I was exposed to a local profile that had been hacked by someone. Perhaps that was the window of opportunity but a year-and-a-half later, my account starts sending me messages from Men and notifies me that PayPal was charged for a subscription. I happened to catch it right away because I checked my email all the time. I logged in and the password had not been changed yet so I started checking messages and sending info that I was hacked, changing my profile, deleting my pictures and putting one picture up saying hacked and report this profile. I started messaging and taking photos of the people who this hacker had been talking to so I have proof. I manage to message customer support but apparently over the weekend they are closed. I don't know how they managed changing my birthday but I couldn't change my password or some things that make sure you enter your birthday. Perhaps they randomly pick every day in the year and finally get it right because match should have a lockout policy after so many tries. But they obviously don't. Eventually I was totally locked out and I had to call my bank to stop payment on the PayPal which have not processed yet. I noticed in the morning that the transaction by match through PayPal was reversed. But no correspondence from match to me. I have no idea what has happened except I see my profile has been blocked when I try to log in. I'm going to call them tomorrow to make sure that everything is totally deleted but it's ridiculous that this can happen. They need far more security and I know I never store payment methods but I see they automatically did. If my payment method have not been stored the worst they could do it's pay for this themselves and pretend to be me. Or someone like me. Match needs to be more responsible with assuring people's security especially when you're talking a dating site. These people (the hackers) are soliciting money and who knows what else? I'm a computer tech and with the man who contacted me almost two years ago via email, who had hacked some local men's account, sent a business name and website. I went to the website and check the IP and the web service was from Russia. Why can't match do some of their own investigation? Why don't they at least try to send information to the police? There are ways for them to play the hackers and find information. Anyway I want to complain and warn people just stay away from Match.com and I hear they also run Tinder and Plenty of Fish and one other site. Thank you

account was deleted but 1.5 years later hacked

unethical behavior, charging credit cards after attempts to cancel

After multiple attempts to cancel "my one week free trial". I have finally had to cancel my credit card number they have on file as they have been charging my card $38.99 since March 2018 when I have not even used their services. They have charged my card a total of $428.99 for a service they admitted over the phone that I have not even used (finally reached real live person today) . I want my account refunded as I have filed a formal complaint with the Attorney General of Missouri. If this is not resolved and my card is not refunded in 7 days, I will be contacting my personal attorney for further action against Match.com. This is just shameful on the part of Match.com...

people state they want a long term relationship then go away

i'm not too sure how this can be resolved but I think you should be aware, that people in their profiles state they want a serious relationship but then use you as a fling, which is totally not right. it is horrible to have to go through the heartbreak, when you have felt like you found the `one' to be told that they no longer love you, after you have had sex with them and seem to have given them what they came for. I met someone I thought was very special through this site and things seem to progress well for the pair of us. when we met I thought about informing the site how happy I was. both of us even came off match because we felt that we belonged together and didn't need no one else. now I'm left feeling used, hurt and betrayed by someone who I cared and love for so much. to me, I felt that I had my future with him. then when I met his parents everything changed and he seemed to loose interest. he told me it was him and not me, but there was reason after reason. i feel that he shouldn't have put on his profile that he wanted a serious relationship, if a fling was all that he had intended. he told me he loved me all the time, he showed public affection all the time, i felt so loved, now I've lost him and i don't know what to do.

• Updated by unknown id · Jan 26, 2019

i do know what to do because im strong and independent and no one can change that.

• Je
    JerryFord Apr 14, 2019

I’ve experienced this as well - it leads me to believe that either the women who subscribe to Match.com are total b———s or the service is rigged with fake profiles in a scheme to get subscribers to keep throwing money at the service, much like one would do with a slot machine

fraudulent charge on credit card

Match.com Obtained my credit card info and attempted to charge $80.97without ever me even ever being on the...

my account got terminated

I bought the 6 month membership with match and 2 days after they approved my account, the terminated my...

whole service

So many profiles on here are fake - clearly not written by anyone with English as their first language.
This is clearly just an exercise in getting people to part with cash. You sign up, get loads of winks and favourites from people, not as bad on here with 24 yr olds wltm but as soon as you pay it all dries up, until your activity drops off because you get bored and then lo and behold you get messages again. then you might get an actual reply but it will almost certainly be "sorry not my type", despite being exactly what 'her' profile is asking for.
Rip off, save your time and money.

the messages I send to patential partner's are not being sent word for word.

6/1/2019. I messaged a person that I wanted to contact.
Then when I pressed the send icon, the message did not appear on the message board as I had written.
This is very embarrassing and totally unacceptable.
It portrays that the sender is illiterate and the person receiving it will not think very much of whom sent it. For Example;

The message I wrote,

Hello, I hope you don't mind me sending this message, I think that you look like a kind and sincere person and I would very much like to chat to you, that's if you would like to chat to me of course!!!
The message appeared as

Hello, I hope you don't mind me sending this message, you look like a good person and you would like to chat with me of course.

NOT ACCEPTABLE

termination of my account

My account got banned for no reason. I reported a member who would send me sexual and offensive messages after I tried to log back in I couldn't - I thought this must be a mistake I haven't done anything! I'd never be rude to anyone and only speak politely and appropriate. I have a very professional account with a regular picture. I send a complaint to customer service requesting a refund or my account to be unbanned again for I haven't done anything wrong! But ni answers so far - they say you receive a email shortly no nothing. I paid for a full month but I barely finished it. Now having read others experiences I can see how they make their money out of people with this method. This needs a lawsuit.

is opening emails from match is costing me my relationship

Hi, My girlfriends sister has told my girlfriend that I still have a profile on Match.com and it is showing that I have been recently active. They now both think I have been active on match looking at the profiles of other users. Apparently I have been recently active!! we met on match about a year ago and are very happy, being confronted about this a couple of days ago has put a huge strain on us and is testing our relationship deeply. After getting together via match we looked at unsubscribing from their constant emails about 'Daily Matches' we thought we had both unsubscribed, turns out hers had worked and mine had not. I have been getting these emails in my social folder on gmail for ages. I have recently opened a few of them to see If I could unsubscribe from them, could not see an unsubscribe link on the email so clicked on the email which then set me directly to match and straight onto the old profile I used to have, a hangover from the paid subscription I believe. The question is... If i have opened or clicked on any of these emails from match.com does this then automatically set this old profile as being active without me actually engaging with the website at all, this is potentially going to break this relationship so please any help is appreciated, has anyone else had a similar problem??

cancelling the subscription

This service is completely frustrating and unprofessional when you attempt to cancel. I am so disgusted in...

I changed password on account for security and now I am blocked from account

Twice over yesterday and today i have suspended my account but had concerns yesterday morning and this morning when i received selection emails which i know stop if you suspend your account.

I read advice fro match on this subject and did what was suggested. I changed my password and logged out off account ad changed password for my email address.

I wanted to confirm my new password did work so i tried logging in but was blocked by match. Can you help please

• Mi
    Miranda431 Nov 02, 2018

I changed my password for my email for security reasons and now I'm blocked from getting into Match. What should I do?

access to my account has been block by match while I am trying to set it up.

I got this email and click to open the account and it was blocked. Your account info has been updated. Say...

logging into account

I have been trying to get into my account and even clicked on the password to get an email to reset it...

terminating my subscription with no just cause

I was sucscribed to match.com for less than 48 hours when "access to my account has been blocked by match". I...