Complaints & Reviews

Match.commatch dot com deleted my account.

I have been a member of match.com off and on since 2004. I met a girl recently who did not like being rejected and sent an email to match.com. My account was terminated and blocked without an explanation except that I violated their terms of service. This same woman stalked me, followed me in her car to my work, left messages in my mail box and threatened to harass me to the end of the world. I have filed police reports against her and will get a harassment court order if it continues.

Match has done nothing to reinstate my profile. Terrible site with most of the women serial daters, fake profiles and only the occasional one out of 50 anywhere near half way normal.

Match.comcheated!

I was a Match.com member and I completed my guarantee period which entitled me to a free six month extension of my membership. Match.com charged my card anyway. I disputed the charge with my bank and Match.com took action! They closed my account, blocked me and banned me forever. They refunded the charge, but I lost my free six month service extension. All I wanted to do was prevent Match.com from illegally stealing my money. The facts speak for themselves. There aren't enough adjectives to describe how incompetent and deceitful they are!

• Ra
        Ray Best Jun 28, 2019

That is so funny.

• Ra
        Ray Best Jun 28, 2019

That is so funny

• 12
        1234Alex Jul 18, 2019

It's not funny at all. Their customer service stinks. I will never use their service again.

Match.comunable to log on to account

A few days ago cancelled by account with match.com but had been able to log on and still search and thought about re-starting my account again but when I logged on just now 4/14 1720
      I was referred to the resolutions team but that address came straight to this sight. Don't understand why I can't log on my account. Match states even if you cancel you can still log on, search for free. I guess not? I guess I won't re-activate my account either.
      [protected]@hotmail.com

Match.comunauthorized continued charges

I am pretty certain nobody even checks this complaint board as this is my second complaint regarding Match.com and their sketchy attempts at charging credit cards numbers for a service you do not even use. Interesting how they have a "no refunds policy" is that because there are over 300 complaints from individuals regarding this very same issue. I thought this was resolved months ago. My credit card company issued credits to my card which I was very grateful for. Now I check my account and they have taken the credits back off my card and given the money back to Match.com. This is infuriating considering I had to cancel my last card just to keep this lame ass company from charging on my card again. I am sure by all the technology these days you can tell that nobody (unless it was a hacker) has used your website in years. It is no wonder you have lawsuits right and left filed against you. Stop scamming peoples credit cards. I do not understand how you get away with this. If you do not credit my account for a service that was not even used, I promise you I will sue you. I don't care how much it cost. This is morally wrong and completely unprofessional.

Match.commatch.com unauthorised subscription

I am hitting a brick wall with Match.com over a credit card charge from out of the blue for a subscription that I did not sign up for. I was a past member but cancelled that back in 2009. I have not reactivated this account but have apparently been charged for doing so. The bank reversed the payment, but Match.com claimed I had received two emails confirming re-subscription (I absolutely did not!) and that I have used the service since (I absolutely have not!). In fact, I have received nothing at all from Match.com aside from the initial customer services correspondence relating to my raising the transaction issue. Only silence now. Probably because my bank folded and reinstated the payment.

Further, I am concerned that if I do try to open the old account to cancel this activation, it will be taken as use of the services.

The truly worrying thing is where did they get my current credit card number from? Made more frightening by the fact that I did sign up with a completely different dating site on the day in question. Are they related and was the info transferred?! That cannot be legal.

Match.com — unauthorized payment from my account membership no [protected]

Hi I signed up with match in december, £9.99 per month for 6 months a payment was taken on 02/ 1 2019-19.98...

Match.comno quiero renovar la suscripción.

Me suscribí a Match en noviembre/2018, por 3 meses y pagué 53 dólares.
            En diciembre (al mes)!!! ya no podía entrar en la página, no sé porqué motivo.
            Les escribí a la dirección que allí figuraba [protected]@support.match.com y con sorpresa observé que el mensaje no era recibido por esa casilla de correo que ustedes proporcionaban, increíble!

Acabo de recibir un nuevo cobro de su sitio Match, otra vez 53 dólares. No es posible que quieran cobrar por un servicio que no brindan. Exijo la devolución del dinero que pagué por 2 a. vez.

Mi nombre de usuario es Dosportres.
            Espero una respuesta a la brevedad
            Gracias.

Match.com — account was deleted but 1.5 years later hacked

I was on Match.com and paid for 6 months in June 2017. A month later I deactivated my account because I met...

Match.com — unethical behavior, charging credit cards after attempts to cancel

After multiple attempts to cancel "my one week free trial". I have finally had to cancel my credit card...

Match.compeople state they want a long term relationship then go away

i'm not too sure how this can be resolved but I think you should be aware, that people in their profiles state they want a serious relationship but then use you as a fling, which is totally not right. it is horrible to have to go through the heartbreak, when you have felt like you found the `one' to be told that they no longer love you, after you have had sex with them and seem to have given them what they came for. I met someone I thought was very special through this site and things seem to progress well for the pair of us. when we met I thought about informing the site how happy I was. both of us even came off match because we felt that we belonged together and didn't need no one else. now I'm left feeling used, hurt and betrayed by someone who I cared and love for so much. to me, I felt that I had my future with him. then when I met his parents everything changed and he seemed to loose interest. he told me it was him and not me, but there was reason after reason. i feel that he shouldn't have put on his profile that he wanted a serious relationship, if a fling was all that he had intended. he told me he loved me all the time, he showed public affection all the time, i felt so loved, now I've lost him and i don't know what to do.

• Updated by unknown id · Jan 26, 2019

i do know what to do because im strong and independent and no one can change that.

• Je
                  JerryFord Apr 14, 2019

I’ve experienced this as well - it leads me to believe that either the women who subscribe to Match.com are total b———s or the service is rigged with fake profiles in a scheme to get subscribers to keep throwing money at the service, much like one would do with a slot machine

Match.com — fraudulent charge on credit card

Match.com Obtained my credit card info and attempted to charge $80.97without ever me even ever being on the...

Match.com — my account got terminated

I bought the 6 month membership with match and 2 days after they approved my account, the terminated my...

Match.comwhole service

So many profiles on here are fake - clearly not written by anyone with English as their first language.
                This is clearly just an exercise in getting people to part with cash. You sign up, get loads of winks and favourites from people, not as bad on here with 24 yr olds wltm but as soon as you pay it all dries up, until your activity drops off because you get bored and then lo and behold you get messages again. then you might get an actual reply but it will almost certainly be "sorry not my type", despite being exactly what 'her' profile is asking for.
                Rip off, save your time and money.

Match.comthe messages I send to patential partner's are not being sent word for word.

6/1/2019. I messaged a person that I wanted to contact.
                  Then when I pressed the send icon, the message did not appear on the message board as I had written.
                  This is very embarrassing and totally unacceptable.
                  It portrays that the sender is illiterate and the person receiving it will not think very much of whom sent it. For Example;

The message I wrote,

Hello, I hope you don't mind me sending this message, I think that you look like a kind and sincere person and I would very much like to chat to you, that's if you would like to chat to me of course!!!
                  The message appeared as

Hello, I hope you don't mind me sending this message, you look like a good person and you would like to chat with me of course.

NOT ACCEPTABLE

Match.com — termination of my account

My account got banned for no reason. I reported a member who would send me sexual and offensive message...

Match.com — is opening emails from match is costing me my relationship

Hi, My girlfriends sister has told my girlfriend that I still have a profile on Match.com and it is showing...

Match.com — cancelling the subscription

This service is completely frustrating and unprofessional when you attempt to cancel. I am so disgusted in...

Match.com — I changed password on account for security and now I am blocked from account

Twice over yesterday and today i have suspended my account but had concerns yesterday morning and thi...

Match.com — access to my account has been block by match while I am trying to set it up.

I got this email and click to open the account and it was blocked. Your account info has been updated. Say...

Haiku

Match.com — logging into account

I have been trying to get into my account and even clicked on the password to get an email to reset it...