Match.com / cancellation of membership

1 Virginia Beach, VA, United States Review updated:

This has been my second time using Match.com once in 2013 and again in 2017 and have to say I'm extremely disappointed in their customer service. I chose to do the fee trial subscription for a limited time. I understood at the completion of the trail service I would be charged. They advertised a monthly fee after the expired trail. I guarantee you the amount wasn't advertised wasn't $101.94 I cancelled my subscription online via the request thru my profile the beginning of the year. Now, 3 months later they have charged $101.94 on my credit card and will not credit my account. Their reasoning was that when I cancelled the subscription, the cancellation notification failed to return a confirmation. I had no idea it didn't go thru as I wasn't seeing a charge on my credit card so that's why I was shocked to see the transaction show up 2 months later. In a word of technology and especially with online dating you would think some kind of report would come back to them to show a failure of notification. I know of a few people that have found matches on this website and I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the people on the site, I gave it two chances and have come to the conclusion that online dating is not for me. So after no use on my profile, I checked it to see and it has the word "reactivate" next to profile pick. Why would that be an option if my account was requested to be cancelled.

Would I recommend them again? Absolutely not! What I can tell you in the world of online dating there are some bad apples in the bunch that do not represent being truthful and now the online dating service can be added to that kind of bunch. So how do you like them kind of apples???

Li
May 14, 2018

Comments

• 9w
      14th of May, 2018

that's what you get for trying to free load

• Ca