Having problems with Match.com?

Match.com reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 6, 2006. The latest review Termination of my account was posted on Aug 12, 2021. The latest complaint 6 month guarantee - no! was resolved on Jul 20, 2017. Match.com has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 391 reviews. Match.com has resolved 90 complaints.

Match.com Customer Service Contacts

Thu24h
Fri24h
Sat24h
Sun24h

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Match.com Customer Service. Initial Match.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Match.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Match.com. Discuss the issues you have had with Match.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Match.com Complaints & Reviews, Page 9

Match.comsubscription

In May 2016 I suscribed to the online dating service and paid for six months at £89. IN September I cancelled my subscription so that it did not renew in September. Having received a confirmation screen I believed this was the end of it. Between family illness and personal matters, I did not see a further £89 being taken through my PayPal in November and again at beginning of May 2017. I noticed this after a thorough review of my finances. I phoned Match who were very unhelpful and although admitted I had cancelled they couldn't refund and I'd have to dispute with PayPal. PayPal were equally unhelpful. How do I get my money back?! I have not used the service since September 2016. I'm furious and feel totally robbed.

Match.comunauthorized debit credit, unethical behavior

On 05th of June I bought the Match for 6 months... See bellow pls

Just to let you know that your payment no. CRD_HD_I1496677381529.6274 on 05/06/2017 17:43:10 for a Basic 6 months has been added successfully to your account.

Please look for important information regarding your subscription including the date of your automatic renewal on your My Account page.

When the initial period of your Basic 6 months expires, your subscription will be automatically extended for successive renewal periods (1, 3 or 6 months) in accordance with the terms of your subscription.

You can cancel the automatic renewal by following the instructions given on your My account page.

Notification of your wish to cancel must be made no later than 48 hours before your next subscription payment is due.

Get in there and find your perfect match!

They dropped the value of my account twice on 09 of June (2x 59.94Pounds)
    I´m not satisfied with the service provided and want to cancel any link with this site since I don´t trust more on service.
    I want to refund the money taken from my account in error.

Sincerely

Match.comsubscription not taken

I cancelled my subscription with match in 2015 and they refunded me money. However they have been taking £39.99 from my account for the last 12 months AT LEAST. I only just noticed in April as I have been in and out of a psychiatric hospital. I have asked them to e mail me or phone me but no reply. I never subscribed to this site.
      What can I do?

Thanks

Andrew Frizzell

Match.comauto renewal

I cancelled auto renewal on my account. I saw the confirmation screen. For a second a thought about taking a screen shot, but figured that if I saw the confirmation screen that i wouldn't be charged again, that a legitimate company would have logged that information. a month later i was charged again. I believe this company does this deliberately to make money. you just pretend the first confirmation didn't go through. i have now cancelled the account a second and third time and this time i took screen shots. I WILL NEVER USE THIS SITE AGAIN. i SHOULD BE REFUNDED FOR THE AMOUNT I WAS ERRONEOUSLY CHARGED.

Match.commatch.com

I am extremely displeased with your service. After the way the customer service representatives at Match.com have treated me, I will never use this site and will never recommend that anyone else do so. On May 28, I opened an account, spent time on my profile, and then began to exchange messages with matches -- people who I actually wanted to get to know and meet up with, which is the point of the site. The next day, when I tried to log in to keep speaking with matches, I got a message that my account had been blocked. When I called customer service, they told me they could give me no information but that they would escalate the matter. Two days later, I got a message saying that my account had been terminated, but they could not tell me why or give me any information without a court order. When I called customer service, I received the same message. I reviewed the terms of service and I did not violate them. I have passed multiple federal background checks for employment. I would never to business with a company that terminates its customers account without even providing an explanation or an opportunity to correct whatever problem the company identified -- especially a company whose industry is something as sensitive as dating when there were actual people who are affected.

Match.comonline dating

I was auto renewed even though I had asked not to be. When I called I was offered to be only charged half since I had not used the system in the first few days of the renewal. When I saw I had been charged the full amount, I disputed it with my bank. My bank declined and held up the total charge. I called again and was told I would have to wait two months for the charge to fully go through. Well it’s been two months and I called back to try and get half my money back ….But no now they are saying I was offered half back but I refused it and it is a closed matter. I asked for a supervisor but, they said I could not talk to one about this matter. I said it was another matter and they told me I could not talk to a supervisor and they were disconnecting the call. I do not know how a company can flat out rob its customers?

Match.comthe service i've never been provided

You should double check to become a member for match.com. This website was offering a month payment like $26; however, you ended up being charged more that what it's shown. Couple months ago, a friend of mine suggested me to sign up and I thought that it could have been fine to pay $26 for trying for a month. However, they've charged me $155 and never allowed me to cancel it to get my money back. Today, I called to get an assistant but one of their customer services who is name is Micheal was making fun of me over the phone. He didn't hesitate to laugh at me but when I asked his ID number he hung up on me.

Match.commatch.com hidden payment service

I joined Match not so long ago, I'm so angry with Mach because I can't access anything with out paying, if any one emails me and I click on it it says I have to subscribe, I want to see who's looked at my page I can't have have to pay same with winks, boosts and I can't access who made me a favorite plus if someone really likes my page I do anything it says look at his profile but I can't it's not that good because it stopes you talking to you I've had a lot of views and I can't access anything, I'm so angry as its 41.95 to join and the 6.99 for the rest in the 30% off then it will be 10.00 pounds after. Why make the service free to join if your not going to let people use the service to its full potential I'm so angry that I can't see who's liked my page, what's the point because it stops me talking to people, it's not a very good service not being able to access anything and having to pay for something it doesn't make it enjoyable 41.95 is steep also there are other hidden charges if you want to upgrade its 59.95 that is is unfair to people who are looking for love but can't afford to pay that extortionate fee, I think you should be able to access who visits your page that is really sneaky putting a charge on things like that. There neededs to be some sort of change there should not be a charge to view who likes you etc, is there anything that can be done many thanks.
                Kirsty

Match.comdating site account

I opened an account for my brother on match.com and discovered his e-mail address is not right it should be
                  [protected]@yandex.com can you please fix it for me I can be contacted at [protected]@gmail.com
                  My brothers name is Donald ressler
                  Your quick attion to this matter would be much appreciated if you cannot fix this PLEASE let me know as soon as possible

Match.comautomatic renewal / customer service

Good Afternoon,

Today just over £44 was taken automatically from my account for the automatic renewal of my match subscription.

I called to see if I could claw back the money as I'm a single parent who didn't realise the renewal was automatic.

What I'm actually here to complain about though, is the customer service I was met with when I called.

I spoke to someone who was anything but helpful. No, I couldn't get a refund, and that match tell their customers on every page that the renewal is automatic. When I asked to speak to someone else, I was denied this. The woman just kept repeating the same sentence to me over and over and over and over and over again. As though I was totally stupid.

She did nothing to help me, to sympathise with me, to aid me in getting a resolution. She frustrated me so much, I became abusuve. Not like me at all.
                    She then started talking about how ' the Lord will judge'. I'm serious! Now, being a non-believer, I found this highly offensive.

So match, well done! Your customer service has truly driven me away. No, I'll not get my money back, you guys and your awful staff have ensured that, but I'll NEVER USE MATCH AGAIN. I'll tell everyone I know of my experience, and I'll be sharing the experience far and wide through social media.

You are a terrible company. Hang your heads in shame.

• Uf
                        UFOwatcher May 11, 2017

Same thing here. That is terrible. See my discussion with the customer service. Very disappointed about them. I don't know why their stealing behavior from customers cannot be stopped.
                        Kenny at Los Angeles

[protected] Live Assistance “Match"
                        Danica D.: Hi, my name is Danica D.. Please give me a moment to review your account and I'll be right with you.
                        Me: I did not use the service since 2015 but the bill still charged me until recently I noticed. I even forgot my username already. You can check my membership log in via email and you will know that I haven't used that for years. Please cancel my membership and refund me from 2015 since I never got billing notice from you. Thanks.
                        Danica D.: I'd be happy to help you with that. While I'm looking into that for you, do you mind telling me how your experience on the site has been so far?
                        Me: I like your website, but I found my GF. Therefore, I never used that since 2015 then. Thanks.
                        Danica D.: First of all, congratulations! We are thrilled to hear the good news. We work hard to help our members find what you have found.
                        Danica D.: I'm sorry that you weren't aware of our auto-renewal policy. For convenience and to make sure your subscription benefits are never inadvertently lost, all Match subscriptions automatically renew by default when the subscription period is done. This also protects you from rate increases by locking in your rate for as long as you keep your subscription current.
                        Danica D.: And it shows that your automatic renewal is still active that's why your account was billed again.
                        Danica D.: Per your request, I've turned off the automatic renewal. You will still be able to utilize the subscriber-only features until the end date of your current subscription on 08/01/2017.
                        Me: Renew by default is fine. However, I never got a billing notice from that. That makes customers not be able to continue or cancel it until someday we notice that. Danica D.: Automatic renewal is included on the policy that you agreed on.
                        Me: But after the renew, there should be a notice mail, which I never got that.
                        Danica D.: I understand that there is no email notification because you agreed on the terms of use.
                        Me: For people not using that anymore, we won't be able to know that we are still charged for the service until we notice that someday.
                        Danica D.: I understand. But I can assure you now that your account will not be billed again.
                        Me: Let me chat with your supervisor if you cannot refund me for what I did not use.
                        Danica D.: I understand your frustration. However, at this time our system limits anyone, myself and management included, from issuing a refund.

Match.comrefund

I was charged for what supposed to be a free 30 day trial $142.76 on 03.25.76. I cancelled within 24 hours and they refuse to refund my money.Match.com needs to be shut down. They dont even tell you how much it will cost, they charge and don't care.I have disputed this charge with my credit card company just to be rebilled for it again.I have not even signed up.for 24 hours and I should have not been charged for a 6 month memership

Match.commatch.com and other match owned sites such as chemistry and our times

I was on Match with a year subscription - which I was tricked into because the site lists the fees by month but doesn't make it clear that you will be charged one time for the whole year.

During that year and 6 months additional, I have tried to stop any auto renewals but they keep happening and Match refuses to refund my money. They even charged me for an account that was blocked and I didn't have access to it at all and I'd told them so.

After 18 months on Match.com, 6 months on Chemistry and 3 months on Our Times, I am warning others to NOT SIGN UP if you are a female looking for men. I have to say that 98% of the "men" I heard from were scammers. The emails were obviously not from real people looking for relationships. The emails read like this: "Hey beautiful, you have a beautiful smile. Why hasn't some lucky man snatched you up yet? Your profile makes my heart pound and I can't wait to hear from you. Your profile is exactly what I want in a woman. My subscription on this site runs out tonight, so please email me at ___ or text me at _______."

Really, I never once got a like, wink or email from a real person. Be warned: Match.com and Chemistry and Our Times are just sites masquerading as online dating sites. Really, they are just cash cows for the company.

Do not subscribe and waste your money!!! I do not know anyone who has been successful on these sites.

A total rip-off. An evil company that continues to "promise that you'll meet someone special" when they know you won't meet anyone at all but they will take every dime that can get from you in a dishonest manner.

Shameful!!!

Match.com — unauthorized credit card charges

Match.com charge my account with out my authorization not only they charge my account but they lie about the...

Match.comsomeone hacked my account

[protected]@yahoo.com account was hacked then I opened my other account so I could look at the first account.
                          cristina [protected]@aol.com is hacked also. I can't get into either account. I don't want to be on match anymore. I'm OK with that. But I want both accounts deleted. I don't like my pictures being used.
                          There is a gentleman using my account, to scam people. He was trying to scam me on the first account. That is why open the second account.

someone hacked my account

Match.comdating site / get your refund

They refuse to give you a refund with their automatic renewal, even when you catch it right away and tell them you canceled it months ago.

You have to call your credit card and dispute the charges. Tell them in no uncertain terms you canceled your subscription months ago, but they still charged you and won't refund it. The credit card will handle it from there. Tell them they illegal charges your card without your authorization.

Match.com — auto renewal

I talked to customer service and went online And used the cancelled auto renewal. Yesterday you charged my...

Match.comcustomer service

I have been trying to cancel my subscription for months. I was unable to log into my account and followed the instructions to email the customer service with all the specifics. I also included that I wanted to cancel my subscription. There was no phone number offered so I couldn't speak to someone directly. I sent several emails to customer service without anyone resolving the issue or getting in touch with me. My credit card then got billed this month for my 3-month automatic renewal (I had never signed up for automatic renewals). I am very disappointed because this lack of responsiveness has now cost me about $75. Thankfully, the phone number was included on the bill so I called and was able to recuperate one month's cost after much discussion. However, since this is a result of the negligence of the company a full refund should be given.

Match.comafter paying for a full six month membership they refuse to honor their six month guarantee

After paying full price for a 6 month membership in good faith that if needed I would be able to renew at no cost, per the written guarantee, they say that my renewal does not qualify for reasons that were never disclosed to me. My membership was active, I was making sure to comply with all the requirements yet the foreign call center operators were not helpful at all and the first of three total was very abrupt and borderline rude. Not what we consider proper customer support here is the US.

My membership is now cancelled and I will be sure to let everyone know this company is terrible to work with.

Match.comdo you even screen your clients?!

I have been signed up for 2 months now... fielded a lot of emails and decided on 3 men. The first man was from Massachusetts same state as me and we started talking, 2 weeks later he said he had work In Ghana ..then suddenly he lost his wallet?! Asked me for money!! Needless to say stopped talking to him, #2 also from my state was so racist! And #3 was from Boston and after talking for 3 weeks he suddenly got a job in Malaysia... this guy also lost his wallet?!?! And asked for money to get a plane ticket home?!?! Wtf is it me?!?! This I thought was a reputable site and these losers find me how!?! How do I protect myself from them on such a known site?!?! I've cancelled my subscription and will not recommend this site to anyone. Good luck people!

Match.commatch.com

I just realized I was being charged for match.com. I had signed up for a 3 month subscription to satisfy my friends but didn't use this. I just noticed that I have twice been charged for the service beyond my original subscription. I called to have the charges removed and they refused to remove the charges. I asked to have the call escalated to a manager and the woman refused to do so. She said no one can reverse the charges. I insisted on speaking to a manager and she still wouldn't escalate and said she would need to disconnect the call and hung up on me. How can I escalate?