Match.com / scam

Match.com will not monitor and control profiles online. There are many misrepresentations on match.com and there are more and more profiles that are fake. One of my friends wrote to a guy for 3 months and he turned out to be a female in prison! Be careful! I have another friend that met a guy that claims he is 45 years old with 1 child. This profile name: glassisfull999 is NOT 45 years old! Steve is going to be 49 years old and has 3 children! He again misrepresents himself on match.com. This is NOT fair to women looking for specific criteria in what they hope to meet. I know many women in my age group of 35-45 that is not interested in wasting their time with a man that is over the age of 45 years. This man is going to be 50 soon and it is totally not fair to single women on match.com. I would hope that match.com would consider changing and monitoring profiles. Please consider!

Comments

• Ga
      30th of Jul, 2009

What a pitty that you are not responsive to the needs of your members:

1) Geographic Location: Example, I live in SACRAMENTO, California, you refer matches that live in other states in USA or London!
    2) AGE CRITERIA: I am 62 years, like to meet women between 49 to 59 years old. You mail me matches in their 20's, 30's, or senior citizen in their 65-75 range.
    3) TECHNICAL SUPPORT, Customer Services, two weeks ago, said, "We have Technical Support problem." I wonder if you have RESPONSIBLE people to get the job done. Once upon a time, you were quite efficient. Alas, you are no longer responsive, alert, coherent or logical.

REMEMBER, I still live in SACRAMENTO, CA, not in Louisiana, Alabama, New Mexico, or London. Match me with people who live in Greater Sacramento or Bay Area San Francisco.

• 28
      24th of Nov, 2009

I worked for Match.com. Without the ability of going into your account I'll try to help you. What appears to be happening is that the matches you are being sent, is of women who you meet their criteria. Apparently these women are looking for a man, your age, and located in your area, therefore you are getting their information as a potential match. Yes, some women might want to meet a man in CA and relocate to CA therefore Match.com is letting you know of these matches. Unfortunately these matches are made through a computer. Call their customer service and ask them to preview the criteria of your matches. I took calls addressing the same issue and was able to help the customer just by looking over his match criteria. When I had an account, I also mentioned in my profile, that I was only looking for matches within 25 miles of my home, this would also discourage any of those who viewed my profile and who lived far from contacting me. If you can't get a rep that can help you, ask to speak to a supervisor. Hope it helps!

• Ka
      25th of Jun, 2011

I think I met this guy 15 months ago! He has three kids and goes by Steve and resides in Cleveland. We met at a local pub and he showed up saying he was 42!

12th of Jan, 2012

Rudely treated, would not give me the name of the people I spoke with, or their boss. I was not given respect or information about the customer service employee I talked with on any occasion. I was hung up on although I was under control and not swearing, yelling etc. I asked for a refund within a few days of purchasing. Three days of service is not worth $189.00. They refused to prorate, or to give me a refund, on a bad product; their services.