Match.com / no matches

United States Review updated:
I am a subscribing member. In 6 months I have only been matched with 2 men who matched my criteria. Met only 1-and he was only on here for a trial membership. All the other matches I receive each week-an average of 54 per week-do not match. They are either looking for someone who is younger, or lives closer to them. I would think that match.com would match the criteria for both parties-and not just send a one way match, what good does that do?
Also the trial memberships encourage scammers from Nigeria. Have been contacted by individuals that all use the same photo.
Match.com states they don't allow individuals who are "separated" I receive matchs with persons who say they are "separated." What's with that?
Also, I am trying to get my free 6 months and they are giving me some b.s.
I do not recommend this dating site. Have gotten more activity on free sites. Because I'm set up for automatic renewal (to get the guarantee) I now have another 6 months that has been paid for. I would like to cancel and get my money back on a prorated basis-but they don't offer this service.
RIPOFF! ! ! !

Comments

24th of Nov, 2009
I worked for Match.com. I can help with some of your issues. You can call customer service regarding the matches. When I worked there a cusotmer would have several ways to search, one method was called "two way". Speak to them regarding your match criteria as well. They're there to assist you.

Match.com doesn't allow anyone who is legally married to join their site. If someone has contacted you who is married you should notify Match.com and they'll investigate and shut down their profile.

Nigerians are a big issue, I would shut down 20 profiles alone in a single day, as quick as I did, they'd open a new one. I found some of the Nigerians that I busted posing as an American on Myspace as well. I mean, with the same picture and exact same wording, ontop of it they tried to get me as a Myspace friend, not knowing I was the person who busted them on Match.com. They seem to be on every site trying to scam Americans out of money, and they somehow manage to find people who hand over thousands of dollars at a time, thinking they are actually helping an American. There's no way to stop it. It's a big problem everywhere.
Good luck!