Massage Envy / poor business practice/illegal

1 Prairie Village, KS, United States Review updated:

The front desk staff informed me after my massage of this law:
5-522. PERSONS UNDER EIGHTEEN PROHIBITED FROM PREMISES. No licensee shall
perform any massage therapy for or permit any massage therapy to be provided to
any person under the age of eighteen (18) years of age unless accompanied by a
parent or legal guardian.
(Ord. 2204, Sec. II, 2009)
It is a confusing law and I am not sure how to interpret it in my case. I've taken my daughter with me repeatedly and today AFTER my massage and allowing her sit up front they tell me children under 18 are not allowed on the premises. The law states that in the title, but then reads in detail that it is regarding massage and even that's okay with parental consent. After reading into it, it seems to me like with parental consent and accompaniment, as in she was in the room with me as usual, it would be fine. Either way they should have informed me of this LAW BEFORE my massage NOT after when I am supposed to be enjoying a peaceful state. I am so disappointed because I feel there is nothing more I can do but post this, find someone to interpret the law for me and never go back.

Wa

Comments

28th of Dec, 2011

I'm a Massage Therapist that has worked for several ME here in Georgia and as far as i know as long as a parent signs the parental consent form and is with their child which is under 18 then they CAN have massage service. It sounds to me that the MT didn't want to massage a minor.