Massage Envy / continued charges after letting them know i'm 43 miles from the nearest me

1 Rancho Cucamonga, CA, United States Review updated:

Copy of email sent to Rancho Cucamonga Massage Envy sent an email on 28 April 2017:

While visiting family in Rancho Cucamonga during 2016 December.
16 December 2016 I visited Envy at 1705 Day Creek Blvd, Rancho Cucamonga, CA, for a badly needed massage.

The young lady that signed me up for monthly massages, assured me that there was a Massage Envy here in Grants Pass Oregon, where I live.
(Was told I could transfer my membership there).
There isn't.

I finally found one located in Medford ... 43 miles from my home ... one way. As a retired senior citizen, it is not financially possible to travel 86 miles round trip for massages. Additionally, the one in Medford is under construction, not open for business.

I would appreciate that the contract is terminated, as well as all monies returned, as there was misrepresentation on there being a Massage Envy location here in Grants Pass..

Yes, some time as passed since I signed up, however, I've been ill since my return home to Oregon, it's been more important to concentrate on my well-being. While looking through monthly credit card statements, I was reminded that this charge is occurring.

Your consideration is appreciated,

Respectfully,
Sandi Reynolds

27 December 2017 UPDATE:

Rancho Cucamonga CA Massage Envy (ME) has continued to deduct funds from my checking account. I have attempted, several times, to speak with a manager. I was told there wasn't one on site. There was a "visiting manager" who called and left a voice mail, however did not state when she would be in the office next. Upon calling ME Rancho Cucamonga, several more times, was repeatedly told that there was no knowledge as to when the "visiting manager" would return. Constantly got the run around.

Funds were continually being removed from my checking account.
They were stealing my money every month!

Finally, in October 2017, I had my credit card cancelled so that they could not remove any more funds.

This past November along with the month of December, they have called and left voice mails ... "to please contact their store to update credit card information".

Between needing to flee our home in September 2017 because of 1000 fires were around our valley, being ill, dealing with a family death, I've not done anything more until this writing.

I fully expect funds to be returned to me. Your franchises, or whatever they are called, are employed by unethical people.

I still expect refund from April 2017 thru to October 2017. I feel this is extremely generous after having only one massage in December 2016.

Respectfully,
Sandi Suchey Reynolds

Sa
Dec 28, 2017

Comments

• Sh
      28th of Dec, 2017

Hi Sandi. I'm sure sorry to hear of your difficulties this last year.

Each contract varies for the length of commitment. If yours was a more standard one year commitment, you may consider paying off the last month or two.

The concern is if the contract requires payment and doesn't guarantee location, you might find yourself dealing with the debt collection for some time.