FILE A COMPLAINT

Complaints & Reviews

massage

This is not a complaint, it's a hearty endorsement for Stagehands Massage. I was contacted by Darcy to do a last minute concert at my local venue, The Cardi B tour in Charlottesville, VA. Darcy was completely professional and easy to work with! She arranged everything and all we had to do was show up with our massage gear. Security had our names on the list, a dolly was provided to transport our "stuff" and we were given a human contact to get us situated. This was a pleasant gig and I simply cannot agree with any bad reviews that were previously posted. My experience with Darcy was seamless, professional and with excellent pay! Don't hesitate if she reaches out to you to work for her company. This was a last minute booking by the tour company and Darcy worked like a dog to get this set up in a way that supported us, the massage therapists. Thanks Darcy!!!

darcy is a fraud. beware!

Darcy Lynch is just a phony. Her "Charity" called Hands that Rock is just a scam, as is her whole business. I worked for her up until a month ago, when I quit because I could not take it any longer. Every time I went to massage one of her "clients" I was harassed and told NOT to work for Stage Hands. I was told over and over again this woman Darcy simply stole all of her contacts in the business from the pioneer of Backstage massage "Dr. Dot". Funniest thing EVER is when Darcy first hired me, she warned me in a newsletter (a HUGE smear campaign against Dr. Dot and her team, which is totally unfair). I thought to myself "that is odd, this company is already bashing another company" but I am not easily fooled so I kept my eyes and ears open.
Darcy does not display her team online. I wonder why? Because she will hire anyone without any testing. I did not have to give a practical massage, so I am guessing no one else on her pirate team did either? Now I found out, her Charity is just a big scam. A promoter backstage at the Mayhem festival told me "Darcy just pockets the money. We are stuck with her this tour but I personally dislike Stage hands- bad reputation!" so I am done. I can not be connected to this liar anymore. I am just hear to warn others before they waste time with her. I even got a mass text message yesterday from other massage therapists warning me about her but I already know. Something has to be done. She is pocketing our money and claiming it as "Charity". Shame on her.

darcy is a fraud. beware!

stagehands Mar 20, 2014

This comment is a completely fraudulent. The claims made here are actually events that occurred against Stage Hands Massage by an unethical competitor. We have never discredited another company or sent out mass emails complaining or "bashing" anyone. The Hands That Rock is a legitimate 501c3 that anyone can check through the IRS. Last year we raised $50, 000 for charity. The IRS wouldn't allow the Hands That Rock to operate if they were "pocketing the money". We also have a longstanding relationship with Mayhem and Kevin Lyman from Unite the United. If anyone wants a referral regarding our business practices feel free to contact him. Our fundraising efforts have also been featured in Billboard Magazine.

stagehands Mar 20, 2014

Hands That Rock is a legitimate 501c3 and can be confirmed by contacting the IRS. We have records of all our donations to various charities as required by the IRS. Pandora Radio was a recent sponsor for us at SXSW, and Billboard Magazine has featured our fundraising efforts.

Kevin Lyman, founder of the Mayhem fest has a longstanding relationship with us and is on our advisory board.

All of our therapists are closely screened for their qualifications.

We have never "bashed" Dr Dot...quite the reverse is true.

Shame on whoever wrote this complaint without doing their homework.

• Kc
    Kcm1124 Oct 09, 2014

Whomever posted this lie is most likely from a competitor. I work with stagehands, and hands that rock, and have never had an issue. I have worked several jobs where the clients have not spoken well of dr dot, and that's sad that she would hire non professional therapists and not think word gets around.

dishonest

Hello all. Alison Combs here. Just wanted to put the word out to stay away from a company called "hands that rock" or "stage hands that rock" or mayhem fest. This company is not legit. They claim that its all for charity but then pay you ZERO. They do donate but they keep half. They try to confuse you with bs but trust me when I say they are con artists. Pass this along to all therapists you know.

stagehands Mar 20, 2014

We have never hired a Alison Combs for any events. We raise money for charity at music festivals and events and 50% goes to the therapists and 25% goes to the designated charity of the event, and 25% goes to the Hands That Rock for overhead/expenses. We are a registered 501c3. Anyone can check us out. No one is hiding here.

unethical business pracices

After going most of the way through the hiring process with this company, I seriously doubt their work ethics and professionalism. Normally, one might think that not giving a demo massage before getting hired is good for the therapist. However, its bad for the company and clients. It only takes one rotten apple to spoil the bunch, and Im afraid thats why this company is struggling so hard. In, addition, after working (without providing proof of insurance or license) a few gigs I noticed that she claimed to be catering to artists and stars. However, myself and many others had only worked on crew members and a few personal clients. I asked her about this only to be brushed off with a rather weak explanation of, "business is just a little slow right now". There really are no RECENT pictures of any stage hands massage therapists with high level clientelle...none. Just pictures of album covers or press shots that anyone can get online. Bottom line is that if you really are wanting to get paid what you're worth and also have an exciting life working backstage with musical and other artists..this isnt the company to apply to.

stagehands Mar 20, 2014

Stage Hands Massage has a thorough screening process including review of resume, requirements of license and insurance, and a required background check

stagehands Mar 20, 2014

Stage Hands Massage is alive and thriving...we don't know who this complaint is from, it might be from a therapist that wasn't hired. We have also started a non profit subsidiary called the Hands That Rock, that was featured in billboard magazine in December 2013, and in our second year of operation raised $50, 000. We don't post pictures of clients all over our website as it is a breach of confidentiality unless they have authorized us to do so.

stagehands Mar 20, 2014

Stage Hands Massage absolutely requires proof of licensure, insurance and a thorough background check. We are not in the habit of posting pictures with celebrities as it is breach oft confidentiality. We only post pictures of celebrities who have given us that permission

stagehands Mar 21, 2014

Stage Hands massage is alive and well. We have also started a 501c3, The Hands That Rock, a charitable organization that donates money for music education to underprivileged children. We do not post pictures of therapists as that is an invasion of their privacy. This complaint was either filed by a competitor or by a therapist who's application we denied.

massage

We used Stage Hands Massage for one of our shows...Not only was the therapist late, she tried getting pictures with the band & asked 3 times until they took one...Needless to say we won't be calling them back...Sadly, had no respect for bands privacy...

• Ti
    Time Toursit May 29, 2013

As a tour Manager for a well known artist, I am charged with among other things, arrange comfort resources for tours. Part of this is to arrange professional level massages for Artists. We used Stage Hands Massage, and dealt with a Darcy, who was in the first instance very helpful. This very quickly dissolved however after the first person she sent arrived late, smelling bad & clearly intoxicated.

I would have risked my own job sending her into the dressing room, so I sent her away. After getting someone else to come at short notice, I called Darcy to complain. She was clearly harassed which I get, but basically shot down all of the points I had made, and “no way would her girls ever behave that way” and that I had clearly imagined the whole thing.

Apart from being furious, I had a job to do, so didn't have time to fight. I told her I would not be needing her services again as I had found someone more reliable. Her response was to say "You still gotta pay the f***ing bill" Never in my life have I been spoken to in this way from a service provider. I refused flatly & told her I would make sure others were made aware of how unprofessional both she & her Therapist were.

Her response to this was "Do that, & I am gonna f*** you up" I ended the call & to be frank, have never been so disgusted in my life. This could have cost me my job. Avoid Stage Hands Massage & Darcy the foul mouthed owner & use a more reputable company.

stagehands Mar 20, 2014

We have never had a call or complaint such as the one above. We have never had a tour manager call us with this complaint nor would we ever speak the way this person suggested. And NO tour manager would event take the time to write such a complaint. This is clearly a false claim, made by someone trying to undermine our professional reputation.

unprofessional hiring practices

I wasn't a customer. I was an applicant. Take my advice, if your a massage therapist do not apply for...

[Resolved] completely unprofessional

I was looking for a position that would allow me to work fewer hours, and pay me what Im worth. After reading...