Massage Envy / lack of proper information provided

I was told my the person at the desk that I could not be serviced because my card was not up to date.I then said thast I didn't want to do business with them any more even though I had 11 massages back logged . I said that I wanted to get the one that was scheduled, (they called the day before to confirm) and they said no. I told them that I wanted to stop doing business with them and they said OK.That was on the 25th of July and today the 15 of September I see that they are taking money out of the samt account that they said I coulld not get credit from. Also they want to take all back payments from me all at once.They never told me I had to d=sign a cancell statement when I said that I didn, t want their servicies any mory. I contacted them today and signed the cancellation and was informed that they would still take 1 more month .

Lo

Comments

• Hg
      28th of Sep, 2010

Gosh, that is awful. My mum suffered something simular with Sky, she asked her husband to cancel and instead they got her another offer so now she had sky for another twelve months before she can cancel it. I mean, why can't a cancel mean an instant cancel? What is wrong with the world. Obviously cancel dosn't have the same meaning as it does in the dictionary.

• Th
      30th of Sep, 2010

Ok..enough with the Massage Envy Bashing...it is a member based program, Although they are all individually owned and some clinics may not do everything properly that does not mean all Massage Envy's are bad..you need to take up your issue with the clinic you are having the problem with and stop trashing the entire Massage Envy Brand.
    Word of advice. READ YOUR AGREEMENT AND UNDERSTAND IT BEFORE YOU SIGN regardless of what the sales person says..READ!

As for the women who was not allowed to use her member massage because her credit card info was not up to date..That is because if you fail to give them corrected or updated info and the clinic can't process your monthly dues, your account goes into default/suspension, that means all your member privileges are "suspended" hence the word suspension. Once you bring your account up to date your good to go.

Massage Envy, as a whole, is a very good and well run Franchise organization and prides itself in offering a quality service at a price "everyone" can afford as a result of their member based business model. Remember, before Massage Envy you would have been paying or still pay $90-$100 for a session anywhere else and would still run into the same occasional customer service issues.

You need to address each issue with the "individual" business that has caused you problems and not generalize about an entire Franchise.

Wishing You All The Best
    Pete Befano
    Clinic Administrator
    Massage Envy
    Rockaway/Morris Plains, NJ

• Th
      30th of Sep, 2010

Just a follow up..you can cancel within the term of your aggreement for medical conditions with a note from the doctor or hospital and you can cancel with a 30 day written notice after the intial term of your contract is up..it's all in the agreement you signed..I hope your mother is doing well.