Massage Envy / unethical behaviour

1 Bellevue, WA, United States Review updated:

I went to massage envy for the introductory massage $39 for an hour. The massage experience was not so great and didn't make a difference to my sore back. At the end of my therapy session, they forced me to get a membership with them which I declined but they managed to book a second apointment after next 3 weeks. My contact information changed during the next 3 weeks due to which I missed the courtesy call. Guess what they charge me 100% for a no show. Yes this is for the apointment that I forgot. Even physical therapist charge you a smaller amount of fees for no shows. What I'm pissed off about is they will not even make you aware of this unethical policy before your'e booking an apt with them. So be careful. They are big cheaters

Ab

Comments

• Lm
      19th of Apr, 2010

You should have let them know your contact information changed. When a new client books an appointment they are told to be there 15 minutes before their appointment to fill out paperwork and if they cancel same day or no show then they get charged. It's your fault for not showing or providing new contact information. That's part of Massage Envy. It's not very hard.

• To
      6th of Dec, 2010

my ex girlfriend works at the altamonte springs location and said the same issues go on regularly with every client. Its a scam to get you frustrated in trying to cancel or get refund. No one will call you back ever. They say they cannot cancel when they can. They tell you they cancel then dont. Its the wait you out game so you will give up. They are franchised but sounds like a corporate game to me. She gave me so many stories especially one where the womans son died and they still did not refund the money. Its hard sell on contracts and they will tell you its easy to cancel but if you dont after 3 days you never will have any luck.