Marshalls / horrible customer service, long times

Bay Plaza Shopping Center, Bartow Ave.Bronx, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 718-320-7211
Please let me share my horrific shopping experience at Marshalls in Bay Plaza on Tuesday, 4/15/08. The store was in absolute disarray; clothes and shoes were strewn all over, clothing racks blocked merchandise displays, and shelves were completely empty. At 8:20pm, I went on line to buy a pair of shoes. There were only two registers open and more than 20 people waiting in line. I went to customer service and asked to speak with a manager about this. I was first told by a sales clerk that the assistant manager on duty, Martin, would not come over, but didn’t give a reason. He finally did come, nearly ten minutes later. I expressed to him that the length of the line was unacceptable and suggested they open additional registers. Martin was incredibly belligerent, saying "that's all the people we have" and I would have to "wait in line like everyone else." Never once did he apologize. He was so argumentative; I was embarrassed in front of the other customers. He was hesitant in giving any information about the store's general manager when I asked for it and then told me I was threatening him! I ended up waiting in line for a total of 25 minutes to buy one pair of shoes, at which time there were now 33 people in line and still only two check-outs open. The way I was treated was unconscionable. Needless to say, I will not be returning to Marshalls in Bay Plaza.

Comments

Si
  29th of Nov, 2008
just got back from marshalls, the service is so bad and they won't give me the complain number.
does anyone know the marshalls complain hotline??
thanks
Tj
  18th of Feb, 2010
1 866 901 3825
El
  12th of Dec, 2010
Really? You really can't just wait your turn? Is it REALLY that hard? C'mon! its not our fault that we're' under staffed sometimes. Patience goes a long way. If you don't wanna wait for the shoes... don't get them.

Marshalls Logo Marshalls