Marshalls / horrible customer service, long times
Please let me share my horrific shopping experience at Marshalls in Bay Plaza on Tuesday, 4/15/08. The store was in absolute disarray; clothes and shoes were strewn all over, clothing racks blocked merchandise displays, and shelves were completely empty. At 8:20pm, I went on line to buy a pair of shoes. There were only two registers open and more than 20 people waiting in line. I went to customer service and asked to speak with a manager about this. I was first told by a sales clerk that the assistant manager on duty, Martin, would not come over, but didn’t give a reason. He finally did come, nearly ten minutes later. I expressed to him that the length of the line was unacceptable and suggested they open additional registers. Martin was incredibly belligerent, saying "that's all the people we have" and I would have to "wait in line like everyone else." Never once did he apologize. He was so argumentative; I was embarrassed in front of the other customers. He was hesitant in giving any information about the store's general manager when I asked for it and then told me I was threatening him! I ended up waiting in line for a total of 25 minutes to buy one pair of shoes, at which time there were now 33 people in line and still only two check-outs open. The way I was treated was unconscionable. Needless to say, I will not be returning to Marshalls in Bay Plaza.
More Marshalls Complaints & Reviews
- Marshalls Department Store - unfair employee hours 
- Marshalls Department Store - refusal to honor posted return policy without cause 
- Marshall's Department Store - Store did not handle an upset person! 
- Marshalls - check cashing systems 
- Marshalls Department Store - customer humiliation 
- Marshalls - any item of clothing like cut off shorts and sleeve shirts etc.
- Marshalls - return
- Marshalls - hiring and store manager at the keizer oregon location
- Marshalls - im complaining about an employee accusing me from stealing
- Marshalls - no signature required for purchase over 50$