Marshalls / horrible customer service, long times

1 Bay Plaza Shopping Center, Bartow Ave.Bronx, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 718-320-7211

Please let me share my horrific shopping experience at Marshalls in Bay Plaza on Tuesday, 4/15/08. The store was in absolute disarray; clothes and shoes were strewn all over, clothing racks blocked merchandise displays, and shelves were completely empty. At 8:20pm, I went on line to buy a pair of shoes. There were only two registers open and more than 20 people waiting in line. I went to customer service and asked to speak with a manager about this. I was first told by a sales clerk that the assistant manager on duty, Martin, would not come over, but didn’t give a reason. He finally did come, nearly ten minutes later. I expressed to him that the length of the line was unacceptable and suggested they open additional registers. Martin was incredibly belligerent, saying "that's all the people we have" and I would have to "wait in line like everyone else." Never once did he apologize. He was so argumentative; I was embarrassed in front of the other customers. He was hesitant in giving any information about the store's general manager when I asked for it and then told me I was threatening him! I ended up waiting in line for a total of 25 minutes to buy one pair of shoes, at which time there were now 33 people in line and still only two check-outs open. The way I was treated was unconscionable. Needless to say, I will not be returning to Marshalls in Bay Plaza.

Comments

• Si
      29th of Nov, 2008

just got back from marshalls, the service is so bad and they won't give me the complain number.
    does anyone know the marshalls complain hotline??
    thanks

• Tj
      18th of Feb, 2010

1 866 901 3825

• El
      12th of Dec, 2010

Really? You really can't just wait your turn? Is it REALLY that hard? C'mon! its not our fault that we're' under staffed sometimes. Patience goes a long way. If you don't wanna wait for the shoes... don't get them.