Marriott Vacation Club / misleading phone pitch
My wife and I received a phone offer for some really fabulous rates at the Marriott Vacation club in Maui. He offered special pricing on rooms and bungalows all over, but we chose Maui for spring break. We routinely stay at Marriott hotels, so we assumed this was an offer for same. But it isn't. At no time did the salesman on the phone say anything about this being a timeshare offer-not once. We did not learn about that until a letter came, saying that not only was this a timeshare offer, but that the resort would be under heavy construction while we were there. We were foolish enough to put $198 down. I guess it's not the end of the world, but this is nonrefundable, that they did make clear.
A few prime example of scammy behavior from this company: 1: Act now for special pricing offer. He really pressured us to close the deal then and there-and we fell for it 2: Nonrefundable deposit - stupid me.
More Marriott Vacation Club Complaints & Reviews
- Marriott Vacation Club - stay away! 
- Marriott Vacation Club - misleading timeshare promises 
- Marriott Vacation Club - inability to trade up 
- Marriott Vacation Club - not what we expected 
- Marriott Vacation Club - scam 
- Marriott Vacation Club International - penalized for a cancelled vacation that was caused by mvc
- Marriott Vacation Club International - accomodation/customer service
- Marriott Vacation Club International - lack of ability to cancel
- Marriott Vacation Club International - complaint over preview event in hong kong ritz carlton hotel 26th may
- Marriott Vacation Club International - timeshare purchase