Marriott Vacation Club — inability to trade up
We are owners of 2 timeshare weeks at Marriott's Cypress Harbor in Orlando. This is a big, 2 BR, 2Bath unit that sleeps 8. We have been trying since January to trade a week for a similar unit on the island of Oahu in July. In February, after calling Interval International every day, (the exchange company which is owned by Marriott), we were able to get an efficiency in Oahu for that week. However, we traded in a 2 BR unit and were told when we bought these weeks that Marriott had tons of units to trade and we could stay anywhere in the world, anytime, with the power of a huge hotel chain like Marriott.
Today my husband called Marriott, and there are 2 BR units for RENT in the Vacation Club on Oahu, but we cannot trade for them. Why should we pay $344, plus tax and tourist charges, for a room that we virtually own, via the Interval Timeshare system?
More Marriott Vacation Club Complaints & Reviews
- Marriott Vacation Club - stay away!
- Marriott Vacation Club - misleading timeshare promises
- Marriott Vacation Club - not what we expected
- Marriott Vacation Club - scam
- Marriott Vacation Club - cannot change check-in date
- Marriott Vacation Club - sales presentation; question the business practice... and
- Marriott Vacation Club International - Encore package
- Marriott Vacation Club - foreclosure process
- Marriott Vacation Club - they canceled my reservations within 30 days of my stay
- Marriott Vacation Club - do not entertain