Marriott International / case #99123112

1 United States

I have been on the phone 2 hours on this issue and I AM BEYOND UPSET.

I booked travel to the Tampa Bay Westin for February 8 to February 11 for my sister's birthday. The representative suggested, "Wow you have points! Its not a lot but consider doing cash + points." In a bit of a rush I said I will call back and inquire so when I did today, I got less than the experience and service I expected. Upon looking at the website, on the chart that details how many points will be used, I reviewed based on the Category 4 requirements.

Seems clear but I called customer service just to be certain and have clarity of the process. My first question was what peak season(off peak, standard, peak) was the location in because it was not specific. The first representative on the phone put me on hold, changed my reservation and took 25, 000 of my points and came back on the phone and said "You're all set"

I ASKED A QUESTION. I did not tell her to take my points and make any changes when I was trying to understand what the process is. I asked for her supervisor and she was barely able to tell me the process and just flat out said, "I don't understand this because the chart you are looking at is not the right one. Theres a new chart and it doesn't take to effect until February 19th".

ACCORDING TO THE CHART, I am to pay $120.00 and Marriott will take 13, 500 points for a in peak season and that's what I am expecting. As a government employee, a veteran and more importantly a loyal Marriott rewards member I should not have to deal with the inconsistencies of information when trying to book reservations based on the information that Marriott has posted on their website. It is not my fault if there were company changes/rules that should be reflected on their website rather than dated misinformation. Now I'm out of a 11, 000 points based on the chart (13, 500 and not 25, 000)

The Tampa Bay Grand Hyatt is right across the water and I have stayed there before but I thought I could take advantage of my earned reward system. I been a loyal rewards member and when I say loyal, I have been to conferences and changed my preferred accommodations all to stay at a Marriott property because I am more comfortable and familiar. At this point, I am upset how this is being handled and I want a call to rectify this before the week is over.

Li