Marks and Spencer / I will not order off them again!

United States Review updated:
Marks and Spencer - www.marksandspencer.com

I placed an order last night on the Internet to be delivered to a relatives address and had a confirmation reply stating delivery 3rd-22 Dec which was fine as I requested it was a Christmas order.

I then checked my order in 'My Account' on their web-site only to read. o expect delivery 5th Nov. Then within 1 hr of me placing the order and (as the recipients will think I am bonkers) sending a Christmas gift so early, I attempted to cancel it.. via e-mail direct to M&S. They replied within first thing this morning after only having the order overnight to say it was not possible to cancel it as it was 'on its way'. I e-mailed again several times during today to say that according to their confirmation invoice sent to me via e-mail, they would be sending me an e-mail again once the goods were dispatched... however this has not yet happened, so how can it be 'on its way?' I e-mailed yet again to tell them this, but they will not budge and insist they cannot cancel my order and it will be delivered. My complaint is, that, why are companies allowed to tell consumers in confirmation e-mails one date and then just do their own thing and expect us to fall in line? How can I refuse delivery if it is being delivered elsewhere, and I now have to contact these people and explain things and I am out of the country as it happens, more costs to myself. Marks and Spencer just don't seem to care one way or another. I only made the order late last night!! Surely consumers should have at least 24hrs to cancel an order. And I will not order off them again. Regards. M. Hewitt.
Va

Comments

Ku
  22nd of Jan, 2009
He's a ###. He should know better than ordering things online and canceling after a few hours. What a jerk!!! Serves him right!!!

Marks and Spencer Logo Marks and Spencer