Malaysian Airline / damaged lugagge

Malaysia Review updated:

Malaysia Airline carrying a first class brand, first class price but provide their customers with third class service.
I traveled from Kuching to Phnom Penh by Malaysia Airlines on 12/4/2012 to visit my family in Cambodia, checked in five luggage in total.
Upon the arrival at Phnom Penh airport, I noticed two of my luggage were damaged, very sad and disappointed with their way of handling the luggage. However, I still reported to the airport crews immediately. I was instructed to complete a form and he told me that Malaysia Airlines staff will handle this complaint immediately. At the same time, I told them at the airport and in the email that I will leave this county on 20/4/2012 and go back to United Kingdom on 22/4/2012. For everyone information, the damaged luggage is a very new Antler bag, quite expensive and very well built. Till now I can't figure out what did they do to cause such a big damage.
The second day(13/4/2012), I emailed Malaysia airline about the incident but got no respond from them. On 16/4/2012, I emailed them for the second time and they finally called.
They said they have to take one week to repair the bag and the staff even said, it is my responsibility to bring my bag to the airport. If I can't comply with their request, they will ONLY COMPENSATE ME 20 DOLLAR, A BIG SUM FOR an Antler bag I would say. Two points I would like to point out, if u can repair an Antler bag because of air crew negligence with 20 dollar, please tell me, I would like to repair my luggage there too. Second, they never take their responsibility seriously. How long does it take to reply an email? If they can email me earlier, I might be able to send my bag to the airport again. I rejected their offer and they asked me to contact Kuala Lumpur office in order to discuss the matter again. Overall, I am very disappointed with this airline. First class brand and price with third class service

An

Comments

• It
      1st of Apr, 2016

This is the world worst airline - useless bunch of Deceitful Idiots working there. Rude staff - Untrustworthy Staff... Where on earth can a customer service from an international airline representing the country be so rude and deceitful. I am starting to think is there a or one trustworthy guy/gal working for this airline called mas??? Sadly to say i haven't come across yet!
    baggage handler hate handling customer's luggage! why do u want to work in a department that you hate and you take your frustration on customer's luggage.
    Mueller dont you tell me its not your responsibility because you contracted out. Let me tell you this...this is your responsibility because you took our tickets money.