Malaysia Airlinesunethical behaviour

E-Ticket [protected]

I purchased a ticket to fly from Sydney to Malaysia in Feb 2017. Later I learned that my niece is getting married in Malaysia and instead of making 2 trips to Malaysia in a year, I spoke to someone in MAS airlines to see if I can reschedule my flight. I was informed that I can do so provided it is done within a year. I asked if there is any cost to cancelling and re-booking. I was informed that there is no additional cost.

On a later date I called to check if I can go to Malaysia in September 2018 next year and then comeback in November 2018 - the return is past the 1 year. It was then I learned that the 1 year is within the date of purchase and not the date of flight.

When I realised that I had to book the flight before Feb 2018 - I decided that I would make the trip as initially planned. When I called to book the ticket, I was asked to pay Australian $415. I was angry as I was not informed additional costs.

I felt cheated by MAS flight as I am was not fully informed and has cost me an extra half of another ticket. I wanted to save money and make 1 trip and now it is costing me 1.5 tickets to make this one trip and then another cost for the wedding. MAS flight has not honored what they said.

So