[Resolved] MakeMyTrip / false assurance and wrong booking

Case details-
I am a regular customer of mmt, and I used MMT app in all my bookings. Yesterday when I was booking 10 tickets through my mmt app, it was not allowing me to book more than 9 tickets at once. Moreover I saw some 1500 cashback in ICICI CARDS ( I was using 3 Icici bank cards)

But before finalising the deal, I thought of checking with MMT customer care for some better offers.

I called customer care and then they called me in the afternoon.

I told them if price of online (via app) and offline are same then I will go with online. But I was given to understand that -

1. I will get 2000 (via call) cashback instead 1500 (via app)
2. He will block 10 tickets at lower price and then payment will be released in 2 lots.
3. I was also communicated that if these 10 tickets were released then price will inc by some 900.

However, the final results was entirely different-

1. No cash back will be credited in my bank account (as 1500 offer was directly in the bank account), instead the amount will be credited in my mmt wallet.
2. The tickets were allocated at different price. No single price was blocked.
3. There was no increment in the price after the booking. In fact the price was lower, when I checked in my app after the booking.

Apart from that one child ticket was booked by them as ADULT.

When I told to rectify the name, I was communicated that there is no issues in that.
No problem will happen at airport.

I am calling my parents and family first time in Mumbai and I don't want any issues.

Pls rectify the complete trip and credit the differential amount along with cashback of 4K in my bank account.

Kindly check the call recordings( if required) and resolve the issue immediately as I seriously don't want to drag the issue in consumer forum.

Appreciate your positive quick revert !

Regards

Booking Date - Mon, 28 Nov 2016

• Resolution statement

• MakeMyTrip Customer Care's Response, Dec 03, 2016

Dear Ankunaina

We are sorry to read about the issue. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We are getting the case facts checked and will connect with an update shortly.

Assuring you best of our services.

Team-MakeMyTrip Care