[Resolved] Makemytrip / double the airfare charges charged
I booked a flight on MakeMyTrip (NF22697144092221) for an Indigo flight from BANGALORE to TRIVANDRUM and was charged Rs 10, 050 in total for two tickets, on 27 Sep 2018 (Invoice No. [protected]). The Airfare charges were Rs 8, 540.00 in total. The same flight now shows the total as 5600 in total and the airfare charges as 3844 for two tickets. I am unable to ring (all they do is send an email link back which is not helpful), email or post online (website asks for a captcha but the captcha service is offline!) to MarkMyTrip through any mechanism for a complaint.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
MakeMyTrip Customer Care's Response, Oct 22, 2018
Greetings from MakeMyTrip!!
In reference to your complaint regarding your flight booking, please be advised that the airline fare charged on your booking is Inr 9510/- for two passengers (this is the amount which we have paid to airline for air tickets). Apart from airline fare we have only charged Inr 540/- as convenience fee for both passengers. There are no incorrect/hidden charges taken by us. The fares are dynamic in nature and can increase/decrease in future depending upon seat availability. The same can be verified with the airline also. Your booking has got confirmed on the available fare at airline end on 28-Sep-18. We believe, we are able to clarifies your doubts on this concern. And apologies for any inconvenience from our end.
Updated by ramuvramanan, Oct 22, 2018
Appreciate your explanation. But charging variable rates and ripping someone off are two different things. How can the carrier charges be double the rate closer to the flight dates?
MakeMyTrip Customer Care's Response, Nov 02, 2018
Greetings from MakeMyTrip,
The increase of fares are beyond our control, we shows the fare which is available at airline’s end. So, as mentioned in our previous reply, you can verify or get the clarity on same from airline directly. We thank you for writing to us.
More Makemytrip Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Makemytrip - my worst experience with customer care pnr no. - yqc4fa 
- [Resolved] Makemytrip.com - refund not given on time 
- Make My Trip - ripped by make my trip
- [Resolved] Makemytrip.com - scam and cheating 
- Makemytrip.com - us customers beware of these scammers 
- [Resolved] Makemytrip - ticket booked ref: gsiveo (made to purchase baggage, when the allowance existed)
- [Resolved] Makemytrip - denying refund
- Makemytrip - online airline ticket booking
- Makemytrip - need insurance claim & full refund
- Makemytrip - refund pending for home stay cancellation