Macy's Visa / b oth macy's and visa must be cancelled together.
Today, I received a gold card instead of my usual platinum. When I called to ask about it, a person that I could hardly understand, told me I didn't spend enough. Okay, since I had too many cards anyway, I asked that he cancel my Macy's card but keep my Macy's visa card. He told me I had to cancel both. So I did. I have been a customer since it was Bamberger's in Newark, NJ. That is a very long time ago. I can't believe that he actually encouraged me to cancel both cards. I never heard of anyone telling me that I could not cancel one card without cancelling another. I am both disappointed and disgusted at the way I, a valuable customer, has been so flippantly treated. Most of my and my families purchases are made at Macy's King of Prussia. I don't know how I can any longer shop at your store.
It must be illegal to have someone tell you, you cannot cancel a card. It is also bad business practice to be thrown away after so many years of shopping at Macy's.
I await a response.
More Macy's Visa Complaints & Reviews
- Macy's Credit Card - credit card fraud 
- Macy's Department Stores - forcing employees to quit vs. pay unemployment 
- Macy's - belgique cookware "don't get burned" 
- Macys - poor place to work 
- Macy's - employee harassment 
- Macy's - versace sunglasses very unhappy with macy's customer service
- Macy's - billing department (last attempt)
- Macy's - an associate
- Macy's - service
- Macy's - belgique cookware set 11 pc set