Macy's Visa / b oth macy's and visa must be cancelled together.

1 King of Prussia, PA, United States Review updated:

Today, I received a gold card instead of my usual platinum. When I called to ask about it, a person that I could hardly understand, told me I didn't spend enough. Okay, since I had too many cards anyway, I asked that he cancel my Macy's card but keep my Macy's visa card. He told me I had to cancel both. So I did. I have been a customer since it was Bamberger's in Newark, NJ. That is a very long time ago. I can't believe that he actually encouraged me to cancel both cards. I never heard of anyone telling me that I could not cancel one card without cancelling another. I am both disappointed and disgusted at the way I, a valuable customer, has been so flippantly treated. Most of my and my families purchases are made at Macy's King of Prussia. I don't know how I can any longer shop at your store.
It must be illegal to have someone tell you, you cannot cancel a card. It is also bad business practice to be thrown away after so many years of shopping at Macy's.
I await a response.
Janice Marinaccio
atimeforyou@comcast.net

Comments

• We
      15th of Mar, 2009

Though you receive two bills the Macy's store card and the VISA card are the same account. You cannot have the VISA card without the store card because the VISA card is an "add on" to store card.