Macy's / customer service is horrendous!

United States Review updated:
1. I purchased two phones on sale at Macy's (still over $100). Neither phone holds a charge, and I am certain they put them on sale to pass the problem onto their customers rather than send defective items back to the manufacturer (Southwestern Bell).

2. I get my Macy's bills online. Through some confusion, I accessed a bill on the day it was due; therefore, my electronic payment was late. Macy's immediately tacked on a late charge and other charges.

3. I called Macy's to ask them to take these charges off. I never pay bills late, and I know that good companies who care about customer service let their good customers slide now and then. I was surprised, then, when Macy's said they'd take off only part of the extra charges.

4. They didn't.

5. When I attempted to reach them AGAIN to take off the charge, it was HELL getting through to talk to a live person. When I finally reached some arrogant guy with an English accent, he INTERROGATED me about why my payment was late (this was no longer the issue -- the issue was that Macy's didn't do what it promised -- he failed to apologize for MY inconvenience). After my interrogation and him agreeing to take off the charge, this little XXM&*!!! said to me, "I advise you to be more careful with your bill paying in the future." WHAT?!?!?

6. When I called to report this twirp, I believe they gave him the phone and he pretended to be his own supervisor. He was very dry and said (yawwwwn), "I'm sorry about that." Silence.

7. When I attempted to report the twirp via online complaint form, Macy's would not accept the complaint.

Simple: They don't want to handle customer problems. They don't want to hear it. They think they're too successful to bother with "us."

I am DONE with this store, this credit card, and this sorry customer service. There are plenty of other places to shop. No one needs this.

Comments

Ma
  6th of May, 2008
Customer service is being outsourced to India. When trying to solve a payment misunderstanding, one of the people was rude, couldn't speak English well enough to repeat my confirmation number, and kept insisting that I was not telling the truth about the date I talked to them.

Macy's probably doesn't care about long time customers because of their size but at some point they will start to loose more business.
St
  22nd of Nov, 2008
Macy's defrauds ther customers, first by posting that they will correct and/or adjust errors in the perfume dept.

Then they go to great lenghts to deny written claims, with empty promises by in store managers to investigate then deny
to the extent that the store manager made promises to reimburse me after over half a dozen phone calls .

Promises made then lies to cover the tracts macy's service has slid down hill remarkably ...very disappointing...

Macy's Logo Macy's